NextPVR Forums

Full Version: AverMedia M150 w/out MCE ?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought the AverMedia M150 and have been using it with MCE. The driver page on the AverMedia website says it is ONLY good with MCE. Is it true that I can install that driver on regular old Windows XP Pro and it will work with GB-PVR? This is amazing if true, the answer to what I have been searching for, and definitely worth a donation!  [Image: laugh.gif]
I dont own one myself, so have never tested it, but in theory this card should work with GB-PVR. Give it a try.
The main thrust of the question is actually about the M150 card. Does anyone know if the driver will work on XP Pro? When  AverMedia says it only works on XP MCE, I assumed that meant that MCE DLL's etc. were needed in order for it to work...Someone pleeease tell me this card can work in XP Pro!
It Works with XP Pro!

I have since given that card to my son so I am not 100% sure but I think it worked with GBpvr.
I have a m150 and a pvr150. I am using gbpvr on a w2k machine. After several months...I have yet to get the m150 to wrk in any way...wont even pick up a signal although it shows it as wrking and configed properly in gbpver and device manager.

Any ideas?
To give someone hope, I do have the M150 working working under W2K and GBPVR. I also have a PVR150mce and a PVR250 installed.
At one time the M150 would give a black screen under live tv, but I think it is working now. I haven't upgrade to the latest GB build yet.

Steve
I am still foolin with the m150. I uninstalled the pvr150 leaving just the one single tuner..(m150).

I cant get it to work at all. I tried all the new drivers and reinstall but no joy.

I get "cannot find configured device" but, in config and device manager...everything looks good...install was smooth. when I click through that message I get

"Debug assertion failed" in .NET ....../////atlcomdi.h
line 148
Expression p!=0

I am at the brink of deciding my saving 30 bucks with the m150 has cost much more in the long run in time spent.
I've been using the M150 on XP Pro SP2 for montjhs and it works perfectly with GBPVR.

I used this driver and it worked just fine:
http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/support...cname=M150
What driver did you use [version number] and did it have a time delay or lag between the time that a recording was supposed to start and the time that it actually started
Pages: 1 2