NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Advantages of Xcard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the XCard a better choice than the PVR 350?

I'm looking for the advantages and disadvantages...

Thanks in advance
It has excellent playback on a normal TV, much like the PVR350. It also has support for a wider range of formats including MPEG1/MPEG2/MPEG4/DVD. Output include component video, RGB, VGA which offers a little more flexibility than the PVR350. V0.17 of GB-PVR also supports DVD playback by the XCard.

The one disadvantage is the OSD is limited to 256 colors. You'll mainly notice this when you use a high colour skin, or try to view photos.

Is it better than the PVR350? I dont know. I think they're both pretty good devices. I guess it depends what you want to do with it.

Viewing the pictures is only a bonus(a nice to have feature- so no big loss). But not being able to watch a DVD (I still could with a switch box I guess) is a major function of TV viewing.

You are right. Someone else may deem picture viewing more important than DVD viewing (via S-video).

I'll know soon enough. My XCard is on order. I may be getting rid of my PVR 350.

Will the XCard play nicely with my PVR 250 and my PVR 2 USB?
Hi

I'm planning to buy a card and I'm more or less set for the PVR350 but I wonder if the xcard with DVD play could be better.

However, does the xcard incldues a tv tuner? Or when you talk about the xcard is to have both a PVR350 (for tv capture) and a xcard for tv-out?

Regards
Tibu,

The XCard does not have a TV tuner in it. I have the following Cards...

XCard
PVR350
PVR250
PVR2 USB
Does GBPVR support the PVR2 USB and record OK?

I was considering getting an XCard for DVD playback but only have one PCI slot, so this would be an interesting posibility for me if it works.