NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sigma card video out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Sub,
As i can't get reliable playback with the OSD on the PVR 350 card, I am considering adding the Sigma card to my rig.

can you give me a run down of how well this card is working with GBPVR ??
I know there have been a number of issues with the operation of the 350 card & the OSD ( with GB PVR & Sage ) So i think there may be a fundamental HW issue there.. )

thanks

Chuck
The is an issue with music files not playing through the xcard at the moment, but I hope to correct this soon.

I'm not really sure how many people are using it. It works ok for me, but mine is in my development machine so may not represent real-world. Whenever I watch video on my development machine, its only for a few minutes to check specific things. Ironically my day is so busy with work/family/project that I watch very little TV these days.

The OSD on the XCard isn't as nice as the PVR350 with only 256 colors available, but I would say the picture is better. You also get the option of using component video or RGB which is not available on the PVR. GB-PVR will also support DVD playback on the XCard when I finish implementing this.

I think it is worth trying if you can, and they not a huge investment.
The PVR350 is fine for many users, but there is definitly motherboards it doesn't like and I doubt we'll see any fix for this.

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (sub @ April 29 2004,02:23)]The PVR350 is fine for many users, but there is definitly motherboards it doesn't like and I doubt we'll see any fix for this.
Hey Sub... I know that the i845 chipset is one of the ones that doesn't work 100% with the PVR-350... can you give some insight to a motherboard / proc that it does play nicely with?
My Athlon64 / MSI-KT8Neo worked reliably with my PVR350. My previous machine was also an AMD (1800XP) with Gigabyte motherboard, and also worked reliably.

I dont really have any other machines available to me, so I'm not really sure which others work without problems.