NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UBU Stream 2.2 with GBPVR v 1.0.16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I know that UBU stream 2.2 is not listed officially as supported under GBPVR v 1.0.16 but I have read a previous thread that PaulH had got somewhere with it.

I have been running a previous v of UBU Stream with GBPVR v 99.12 for months and it was great (Thanks UBU Smile

As we all do at some point I decided to upgrade my Server on Monday and have done a clean install of XP with GBPVR v 1.0.16.

GBPVR Common Utilities and Elements are installed, having read so said previous thread I thought I'd try UBU stream.

Very simple being an .exe as far as I know all must have installed correctly (am running GBPVR on it's native install folders).

I also run 4 MVP's from the server.

Finally my questions!

I am new to the expanded benefits of the updated GBPVR. I now have 2 ways of enjoying it. The old one 'GBPVR.exe' and 'PVRX2.exe'

If I run GBPVR on the Server then 'UBU' Web Streams is available if I run PVRX2 then there is no response? Entering it will just return me to the main menu.

MVP's are picking up PVRX2 by default and so have the same response as the Server. I realise advice may bounce me over to the MVP Forum but all comments most welcome :-)

STEEB
You can go in and edit the config file (not through the config GUI) and scroll down and find the MVP settings. You can change PVRX2.exe to gbpvr.exe. Then restart the recording service, cycle the MVPs off and on and you should get the old gbpvr skin on the MVPs. I don't know if that will get you UBU, but you will get the old interface.
Thanks soccerdad,

will hold out for now as dying to get my MVP's running with the new look PVRX2 :-)

Could tweak back but now I've committed to this new build :-)

STEEB
Anyone? Big Grin

UBU any comments as to UBU Stream 2.2 with PVRX2?

Cheers

STEEB
Sorry. Been busy. Here's the situation as I see it:

UbuStream v2.2 should work fine with all versions of gbpvr.exe

I (and others) had it working with pvrx2.exe using the v1.0.08 release of GB-PVR (although I never tested it with my MVP).

Installing the v1.0.16 release appears to have utterly hosed up my GB-PVR installations such that pvrx2.exe will not even run. So I'm currently unable to test UbuStream with v1.0.16.

I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot all this yet. Once I've got v1.0.16 working correctly (and have installed a new EPG source to replace Zap2It - it never rains but it pours Smile ) I'll check out UbuStream (and UbuRadio) again.

Ultimately, I'd like to rewrite the UbuStream UI to take advantage of the new plugin framework and the pvrx2 look and feel but, to be realistic, this is unlikely to be in the very near future. In the meanwhile, if anyone finds an obvious "smoking gun" in their log files that seems to be pointing to a specific issue, I'd be glad to take a look.
Yeah, actually I found the same thing. Under GBPVR.exe, it runs on my PC but dies on the MVP. Under PVRX2.exe I also noticed that it wouldn't even run anymore.

Ended up uninstalling ubustream and actually had to fully re-install gbpvr (using my provious config.xml and gbpvr.db3).

It was also getting annoying that I couldn't GBPVR's config utility to properly add the recording source to get the TVGuide listing for those channels.

Paul