NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Occasionally lose skipping ability on MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else ever had their MVP stop responding to skip & replay commands?

Sometimes when watching a show (straight up recordings via PVR-500 - no DivX or AVI so no transcoding is involved), it stops responding to skip & replay signals. The light on the unit blinks, but it doesn't skip ahead or back. I can still stop, pause, play, etc.

If I exit out of the recording & resume, I regain the ability to skip, but I'm at a loss as to why it behaves this way.
Yes, I've seen this once or twice with 1.0.16. It's much better than the dongle with 99.12 which would stop responding altogether, except power off, fairly often, so I'm not complaining. Big Grin
I have seen this before, but lately with the latest versions I don't think I have seen it. I have found that when this happens it is usually after I have tried to skip several times in a row, as when skipping several commercials consecutively. The only way to get it to work again is to back out of the program to the main menu and then come back into the recording. After that it works again.
Mr. Camaro Wrote:I have seen this before, but lately with the latest versions I don't think I have seen it. I have found that when this happens it is usually after I have tried to skip several times in a row, as when skipping several commercials consecutively. The only way to get it to work again is to back out of the program to the main menu and then come back into the recording. After that it works again.

That's what I'm seeing (stops responding after lots of skips - returns when exiting & restarting playback). I'm using 1.0.16. I've been using PVRX2.exe on my MVP's - anyone have this issue using GBPVR.exe?

Regardless, this seems to be the most stable dongle I've ever seen - I've had my MVP for 3 years & w/ Hauppauge's dongle, Snapstream's dongle (former BTV user) and mvpmc (frontend for myth), I often had complete freezes & had to unplug the unit or restart the recording service.

So far GBPVR seems to be the smoothest set up I've seen.
For Vista users the mvpmc dongle is the best. For xp users I don't know if there is much difference, I use the mvpmc dongle and am very happy with it.
philly_phenom Wrote:Has anyone else ever had their MVP stop responding to skip & replay commands?

Sometimes when watching a show (straight up recordings via PVR-500 - no DivX or AVI so no transcoding is involved), it stops responding to skip & replay signals. The light on the unit blinks, but it doesn't skip ahead or back. I can still stop, pause, play, etc.

If I exit out of the recording & resume, I regain the ability to skip, but I'm at a loss as to why it behaves this way.

Unfortunately it happens to me (actually my other half) quite a lot. I have not managed to bottom it out. I am in process of moving GBPVR to dedicated VM Server to see if that helps
Add me to the group....glad to see I'm not the only one. I've learned to live with it...been doing it ever since I first started using gbpvr and mvp years ago.
yes, happens to me occasionally as well.
I've seen it since I have had my MVP as well, but I have not seen it with the the new PVRX2. However, I think that might be because the way that I skip now. Because of the problems in the past I don't press a lot of skips in a row. I always press it once and wait until it actually skips before I press it again. It is habit now, and I think that may be why I don't see the problem anymore.
Yep - I also have that problem. It is annoying but I have just learnt to live with it. The rest of the family however.....
Pages: 1 2