NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mvpmc.org logo on screen, nothing else happens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently upgraded to Vista and ever since haven't been able to get my MVP working again. I recently got GBPVR working well on the PC itself, by using the Nero Video decoder and the ffdshow audio decoder.

I have the GBPVR config set to autostart 1 MVP server, and I am using dongle2.bin. When I start the MVP, it loads a graphic in the middle of the screen that says mvpmc.org. That's it, it hangs there and nothing I do has any effect except doing a power cycle of the MVP unit.

I definitely haven't downloaded anything from the mvpmc.org site and installed it, so I can't figure out what's happening here. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks.
You seemed to have followed the instructions correctly for loading mvpmc as the alternate dongle which actually you have download the dongle from the mvpmc.org site since that is were the survival guide links to.

The problem you are likely experiencing is either mvpmc is unable to find a DHCP server or you are running the wireless MVP and using a 64 bit WEP key. If you provide more information about your network setup I hope to be able to help you more.

Martin
I am having the exact same problem. Running Vista with the mvpmc.bin dongle. The MVP is able to find the network, load the app, then start the app at this point the logo pops up and it crashes. I am running a Trendnet wire/wireless router with a wired MVP. I have unblocked all of the appropriate ports and I think I have unblocked all the appropriate files. I have been able to get the PVRX2 app to run on the MVP with the old dongle.bin file but it crashes after a few remote actions.
Any suggestions?
Wyatt
hikinandbikin Wrote:I am having the exact same problem. Running Vista with the mvpmc.bin dongle. The MVP is able to find the network, load the app, then start the app at this point the logo pops up and it crashes. I am running a Trendnet wire/wireless router with a wired MVP. I have unblocked all of the appropriate ports and I think I have unblocked all the appropriate files. I have been able to get the PVRX2 app to run on the MVP with the old dongle.bin file but it crashes after a few remote actions.
Any suggestions?
Wyatt

As I said in my message to Subversive it is probably DHCP related. How are you supplying the IP address to the MVP?

Martin
I assume it is provided by the router. That appears to be how it is working with the other dongle.bin.
On a brighter note. I was able to PVRX2 running on the MVP basically stable with dongle.1.1.54.bin. So as of now I don't need the MVPMC although I would like to understand why it wasn't working for future reference.
There are a few Hauppauge dongles that work with Vista with some level of success, but you definitely should expect to see problems too, so rather then confusing a PVRX2 problem with a dongle problem sub is recommending mvpmc until Hauppauge provides a more stable dongle. Remember that Hauppauge doesn't support Vista yet. I made a web site so GBPVR can try out dongles to see which one meets your needs.

Also the current Vista beta dongles don't work as well with XP so sub decided to distribute 1.1.47. Hopefully one day Hauppauge will get a good dongle out, maybe when tipstir sends them a trillion dollars. At least mvpmc works consistently with XP and Vista.

Martin