NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ati e-home wonder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi heaven't have a chance to use your pvr software but from all the reviews you have a great program.i'm building a pvr system using your pvr software but like to use it with a ati e-home wonder it has mpeg2 encoder onboard and is use by sage tv if you could support this great card it would be awesome.from reviews i seen the quality is as good as a pvr-250 at half price.hope to hear from you soon.also if you could make some video clips of gb-pvr in action i could make them in flash for you to set up in your site.i have samples here http://www.geocities.com/rebelde_media/video.html click on any of the samples and you see the streaming in your browsing,thanks and keep the great work.also if you could email me at rebeldeh2k@yahoo.com i would love to talk to you about a project.
I dont have access to an e-home wonder card, so there is no support at the moment. You may be able to get it to work if it's drivers are done in a similar way to some of the supported cards. If you have a look at some of the other posts, there are some that discuss adding new cards to GB-PVR. It basically involves adding a new section to the direct.ini file, and adding the filter/pin names that appropriate to the e-home wonder card.

I'll take a look at you videos a little later today. My internet connection is going very slow this morning for some reason.
ok thanks for the info, maybe me and the rest of the users can all ship in to get you a ati e-home wonder is half the price than a pvr-250 and from postings in sage the quality is just as good as the hauppauge.if not i will try to send you one so we can have support as i'm about to order one for myself thanks.
Hi!

I am looking at this card as well. Sub... you said it isn't supported, but I see it in the dropdown list of "Capture Card Type" in the config. Is that listing incorrect?

The other question I have is regarding Microsoft's Media Center Edition. The ehome wonder is compatible with this, but I have XP pro. Is there a difference in the way dirvers are handled between the two OSs? Thanks in advance for the help!!

Will R.
OK, I dont remember adding it. Maybe another user supplied me the section of direct.ini. What error do you get?

Probably worth trying it again, then sending over all the logs from c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr to me at support@devnz.com
I've got 2 on the way, and should be able to post my results within a week. Thanks!
hi wj i also have windows media center and is different from winxp pro,frankly is a module that has been add it to xp pro.if you look you will find many resources that tell you how to turn winxp pro into mce.from what i have read is not a project for the regular user.when you buy the ati cards you only get a disk with drivers to be use in mce.,or you can use it with sage tv,or beyond tv also will support it in version 3.5 i think,also ctpvr supports the ati card.only problem with mce is that it records in another format not mpeg2 which you have to process to the right format.microsoft did this to have control once again to secure it's platform that's why you can't buy mce only builders can get it or if you have a msdn subscribtion.is nice but still not perfect,i think gb-pvr will surpass it.and is more advance than mce.