NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ProVideo PV259
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought this tuner on Ebay (the text of the listing is at the bottom, which I think is very misleading) and I'm not sure that it can work with Windows XP Home Edition. When I plugged it in and installed the latest drivers (2.0.031) everything worked fine except for Video Capture (Code 10: Device cannot start). These drivers were for Windows XP Media Center Edition, but they were the only drivers on the Provideo website.

I doubt that GBPVR can utilize a device that Windows Xp's device manager cannot start. I'm confused as to why devices that only work on Windows XP MCE are on the list of compatible hardware for GBPVR. Do people use GBPVR on Windows XP MCE as well? Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW
(I bought the first of these devices in a dutch auction, he's selling the rest now)

I feel that the listing on ebay is misleading because it says

1.) "Upgrade your XP Pro PC with MCE functionality"

If this card is an MCE card, why does he say upgrade your XP Pro PC?

2.) "These cards were designed for Microsoft XP Professional
Media Center Edition (MCE) Computers."

There is no such thing as Windows XP Professional Media Center Edition (MCE). There's Media Center Edition and Professional.

3.) "This auction is for the card, brackets for standard and low
profile PCI, cables, and Windows 2000/XP driver CD only."

These drivers are not for Windows 2000/XP. They are for MCE; I've checked out the web site.

4.) "you should also consider Sage TV and Beyond TV, both work
under XP and Windows 2000, (Sage also works under '98)."

Why would you mention that SageTV works under Windows XP if the card you're selling doesn't?