NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Remote and overall use : GB / Hauppauge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been very happy with almost all aspects of GB-PVR, except the 45 button remote that comes with the wireless MVP (which I use wired) doesn't do half of the expected navigational stuff. For example, fast forward doesn't and skip goes backward.

I'm not interfacing with my PVR-350 or trying to do anything fancy at this point. I just want to get the pictures, music and DivX videos on my computer to display on my TV.

I've experimented with the current Hauppauge 3.2.24125b software and found that everything works perfectly, except that I don't like many things about HOW it works; the video is off-center on the screen, the videos are thumbnails rather than a list, etc.

I'm very new to all of this, but I wonder if I can use the dongle that was installed with the Hauppauge software with GB-PVR? Then I'd have the best of both worlds.

I would just do it and see for myself, but I'm afraid of screwing up the MVP and I suspect that there's more making this work than just that.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks, Mark
Did you check the "fix hauppauge remote settings (45 button remote)"-box in gbpvr-config-dvdremote?

wrt the ff I think it's best to choose: "use shortskip instead of ff/rw" in gbpvr-config-misc.
Well, not being familiar with the configuration files, I had "fixed" the remote from the option in the GUI config tool.

I'll mess with it some more and see what happens. Thanks for your reply.
MarkStH Wrote:I've been very happy with almost all aspects of GB-PVR, except the 45 button remote that comes with the wireless MVP

I don't think that the remote setting in config.xml has anything to do with how the mvp remote is handled. Mine is setup as MCE and both the 45 and 30 key remotes work fine.

Quote:... doesn't do half of the expected navigational stuff. For example, fast forward doesn't and skip goes backward.

I'm not interfacing with my PVR-350 or trying to do anything fancy at this point. I just want to get the pictures, music and DivX videos on my computer to display on my TV.

I suspect you are trying to navigate DivX with the remote, and that won't work as well with GBPVR as it does with the Hauppauge server.

Quote:I'm very new to all of this, but I wonder if I can use the dongle that was installed with the Hauppauge software with GB-PVR? Then I'd have the best of both worlds.

You can try for XP most people prefer the Hauppauge dongle that comes with 1.0.16

Quote:I would just do it and see for myself, but I'm afraid of screwing up the MVP and I suspect that there's more making this work than just that.

Don't be afraid of trying dongles, but you are right that even with a perfect dongle client, it won't change how the fact that the MVP is designed to only play mpeg video.

Martin
Setting the remote to MCE was the answer - thanks mvallevand! I assumed that Hauppauge was the best choice and that the problem was somewhere else.

Thanks again. I'm really glad to be back to GBPVR!
MarkStH Wrote:Setting the remote to MCE was the answer - thanks mvallevand! I assumed that Hauppauge was the best choice and that the problem was somewhere else.

I am pretty sure it is a coincidence, but I'm glad it's working for you.

Martin