NextPVR Forums

Full Version: v1.0.16 RecordingService won't start after installing VA-test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Used to use VA under 0.9.12 to archive programs off my main disk. Worked great.

Uninstalled 0.9.12; installed v1.0.16 fresh

Worked fine, but no VA plugins visible in GB-PVR Config program. Although it did create a daily log
/Jeff/archiveupdate.exe.log:
09/21/07 07:06:05:780 AM[1] In ArchiveOldRecordings
09/21/07 07:06:05:790 AM[1] ArchiveDays is 0 or not specified; exiting

Installed VA (v3.1, not test version), still didn't appear in plug-ins.

Installed VA-test version and copied 23 Aug patch to /plugins directory. It migrated VA database

Now VA appeared in Config program, but GB-PVR service will no longer start (!).

Any suggestions how to fix this? I'm currently unable to record anything because the GBRecordingService won't start.

Help!

Thanks,
.../j
anything in the recording service log file?
Manually removed all the VA dll's from /plugins and /plugins/Jeff and rebooted.

Service started. Smile

Stopped the service. Re-ran the VA-test installer. Manually copied the 23 Aug dll to /plugins and /plugins/Jeff and then restarted the service.

Works now. Although it has yet to archive any video files to the disk with more space. I'll check tomorrow morning after it does its automatic program listing updates.

But for now, at least, it can record again.

Phew.

.../j
I have a much newer version that I need to post. I'll try to find the time to make an installer tonight. This new version has lots of internal changes that I've made to prepare for the port to PVRX2. I think it is about as stable as the old version, but I have noticed some odd behaviors at times when I install (like my database bloating to an enormous size), so I recommend that you make a copy of your VA database before installing it just in case.

Jeff
Jeff Wrote:I have a much newer version that I need to post. I'll try to find the time to make an installer tonight. This new version has lots of internal changes that I've made to prepare for the port to PVRX2. I think it is about as stable as the old version, but I have noticed some odd behaviors at times when I install (like my database bloating to an enormous size), so I recommend that you make a copy of your VA database before installing it just in case.

Jeff

Jeff, I'm really looking forward to your new release. I've got a thread at http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=29722 in which, with some help, I narrowed down the problem on my newly upgraded system to VA. Without VA, things are working, but I really miss VA. The interface design just works better for my family. I also really love VA's "don't record duplicate" functionality. It works wonders for my recording schedule. Without VA, I'm doing a ton of manual canceling that I didn't have to do before.

So, I'll be anxiously awaiting a new release of VA that I can use on 1.0.16. Thanks for all your hard work! It is much appreciated!
I posted a new version last night. Can you give it a try?

Jeff
Tried D/L & install of VA today (so assuming new version)
Causes GPF in Config app
Causes GPF on GBPVR when try and access plugin - 'object reference not set' or similar
Deleted DLL's - still Config GPF, deleted relevant XML from config.xml - GPF went away...

Then found the uninstall.exe in Gbpvr dir so ran that to clean up anyway!
Can you post the log files (the entire directory in a zi file) from the time that the error occurred. Also, did you install the "test" version. it is not really a test version any more so much as it is the version you need when running 1.X.

Jeff
Jeff

Tricky to post the logs as I can't remember exactly when I did it!!! & there only seem to be 3 past logs kept....

there is a config.exe log which has a bunch of errors like:
2007-09-27 13:25:52.375 ERROR [1] Unable to find font node: /settings/TextStyles/TextStyle[@name="ScreenNameStyle"]
2007-09-27 13:25:52.375 ERROR [1] Unable to find brush node: /settings/TextStyles/TextStyle[@name="ScreenNameStyle"]
2007-09-27 13:25:52.390 ERROR [1] Unable to find font node: /settings/TextStyles/TextStyle[@name="GeneralTextStyle"]
2007-09-27 13:25:52.390 ERROR [1] Unable to find brush node: /settings/TextStyles/TextStyle[@name="GeneralTextStyle"]
2007-09-27 13:25:52.390 ERROR [1] Unable to find font node: /settings/TextStyles/TextStyle[@name="GeneralTextStyle"]

but this might be a total red herring...

I did d/l the test version as I am running 1.0.16 but using gbpvr until most of the plugins work in pvrx2....!

/edit/
just reinstalled, config app gives errors as shown above, PVRX2 gives unhandled exception:
2007-09-29 22:03:26.375 ERROR [11] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommonGBPVRUtilities.VerifyFileMapRecordsCompleteAction' from assembly 'CommonGBPVRUtilities, Version=3.0.2706.13653, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at JeffsTree.DisplayListTree.CompleteRefill(Boolean verifyFiles)
at JeffsTree.DisplayListTree.CompleteRefillWithVerify()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
2007-09-29 22:03:33.031 ERROR [13] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommonGBPVRUtilities.VerifyFileMapRecordsCompleteAction' from assembly 'CommonGBPVRUtilities, Version=3.0.2706.13653, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at JeffsTree.DisplayListTree.CompleteRefill(Boolean verifyFiles)
at JeffsTree.DisplayListTree.CompleteRefillWithOutVerify()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

here are the logs from the 'jeffs' directory...