NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR-350 DVD ISO playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I rip the ecryption from my dvd's when I make my ISO's on my hard drive, will the the PVR-350 use the hardware decoder for TV output?  Will the PVR-350 use the hardware decoder for computer screen output as well, or does that have to be decoded by the computer CPU?

Thanks
Xanderphillips
No, the audio format on a unencrypted DVD is not playable on the PVR350. You'll have use a tool to covert the DVD to an MPEG2 video with MPEG1 layer II audio.

Nice... I had hope, but again I am foiled [Image: smile.gif]

Actually, I had hoped to just send the video out the PVR350, and use the SPDIF of the soundcard for the audio. There are synch issues if I do that yes/no?

Xanderphillips
There is more than just the sound that would stop it working. It also wouldn't be able to display the menus (it needs a compliant DVD Navigator to do that). The sound would also not be in sync.

You can easily try it to see what happens. Just place an unencrypted vob file somewhere in your video library, then browse to it and play it with GB-PVR.
I guess that the panacea DVD iso PVR has not yet been made for me [Image: sad.gif]

On the surface it seems so simple, rip all my dvd's to a huge hard-drive array, and be able to play them from any tv in the house. But once you throw in all the lawyers in the world, and all the complications that infuses, it's a nightmare. [Image: mad.gif]