NextPVR Forums

Full Version: request: {MinutesToStart} for gbpvrcli
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
great addon for this great gbpvr app Smile but i've also got a request:

{MinutesToStart} for gbpvrcli which should display the number of minutes remaining till the next recording.

why do i need this? because i'm transcoding with ffmpeg in the PostProcessing.bat and i need to make sure i dont shut down 2-3 minutes before the next recording starts! i've noticed that the computer comes out of standby about 5 minutes before a recording so that would cause it to miss a recording.

Thanks!
I think this already is covered. I think gbpvr will keep the system awake a certain amount of time before a recording starts. I've never seen reports on this.
you can use {StartTimeWithPadding} to get that value, see my example here
HtV Wrote:I think this already is covered. I think gbpvr will keep the system awake a certain amount of time before a recording starts. I've never seen reports on this.

i'm using this to standby after each recording/encoding:

psshutdown -d -c -t 300

i managed to manually stand-by the machine less than 2 minutes before a recording without being stopped by slimm or the actual gbpvr. however it never happened (yet afaik) to do this automatically and miss a recording.

i've only upgraded a week ago and still updating my conversion scripts thats why i wanted to account for all cases...
K.S. Wrote:you can use {StartTimeWithPadding} to get that value, see my example here

nice batch! thanks i'll give it a try! it sure looks very complex. wish gbpvrcli would just have that option (or any other way by running a command not a batch).
pvruser Wrote:nice batch! thanks i'll give it a try! it sure looks very complex. wish gbpvrcli would just have that option (or any other way by running a command not a batch).

if you stumble into any problems i can post the current version of the batch that's been in use on my machine the last months. yeah, it's a little bit of a hack (learned a lot during creating that batch regarding DOS & batching) expecially the part around "Setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion". i would never again try to do such a thing (date arithmetics) inside batches, it's been a PITA Wink
vbs and probably every any "real" skripting language are more powerfull in that area
finally got the time to read/understand your date script. i just now realized that {MinutesToEndWithPadding} returns actual minutes till the end of the recording starting from now. i always assumed it would just contain the length of recording or smth like that.

i guess this makes it even easier for Slimm to add the new {MinutesToStart} parameter to gbpvrcli - no need to mess with new date functions :p

but until he adds it i'll use {MinutesToEndWithPadding} with some calculations. this is so much fun!
{MinutesToStart} and {MinutesToStartWithPadding} tokens added. Hope this does the trick.

For information regarding features and bug fixes new to this release, please see my announcement post on my blog.

For all details regarding current version, please see documentation which is installed alongside the utility and is available in the GBPVR start menu group.
Mister Slimm Wrote:{MinutesToStart} and {MinutesToStartWithPadding} tokens added. Hope this does the trick.

For information regarding features and bug fixes new to this release, please see my announcement post on my blog.

For all details regarding current version, please see documentation which is installed alongside the utility and is available in the GBPVR start menu group.

wow great! i did update my scripts with the other variable but i'll get this new version asap!
hmm... right now i have Version: 1.6.2746.21588 with GB-PVR v0.99.12 and i was wondering if upgrading will work fine. is it still compatible with 0.99.12?

Thanks!
pvruser Wrote:Is it still compatible with 0.99.12?

Should be.
Pages: 1 2