NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV Out (S-Video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have everything working like a charm (two 250 tuners) and I just hooked it all up to the TV in the living room. After a small modification to make it output on the TV, there is a small, small problem:

The video on the TV now has a small, but noticable stutter. It just "jumps" a tiny amount, otherwise it all looks and works like a charm. Do I need a better TV OUT (maybe the pvr 350) or XCard, or is there something else I can do?

yes, I am new at this, so any help is appreciated.

PS. GB PVR rocks!
Try a different MPEG decoder on the playback tab of the config app - I'm sure this will fix the problem.
well, I just tried everything with SageTV and it worked smoothly. Then I tried again with GB-PVR and it worked smoothly too! Any idea why?
Anyone tried this gadget? vga to rgb scart
There is a Swedish web page out there, too, which claims they have made the procedure easier. If anyone is interested, feel free to holler, and I'll point you too it.

Basically, they say you get "as good a picture as on a stationary DVD player". I don't have a radeon 7500 or better, though, so I haven't been able to try this for myself. Have no idea if it works on any other cards, either.