NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot delete recorded programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using the MVP and GBPVR, I cannot delete any recorded programs. When I select the recorded program on the MVP, and then select DELETE, nothing happens. I've checked on the PC hosting GBPVR, and the recorded shows still remain in the directory....although they no longer show up in the MVP as a recorded and available program. It's a bit odd... I just have to delete them on both the MVP, and on the host PC.

Sorry..forgot to mention that this is version 0.19.3
Is it a program you have just watched? I wonder if the file is still open, which would stop you being able to delete it.
yes, I'm pretty sure it has happened after just watching the recorded program. However, I tried to delete another one this morning, which I watched last night, and the same thing happened. I had to manually delete it on the host PC. I've even tried deleting it from the MVP interface, and waiting a day...thinking it might just delete it at a later time, but it never really deletes. As I mentioned in my post, the program is deleted from the Recording Menu, but the files are not physically deleted from the hard drive on the host PC.

Also, as a side note, I have been having those problems with the FF/Skip on the MVP... will there be an updated release soon? Anxiously waiting for the fix....
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]Also, as a side note, I have been having those problems with the FF/Skip on the MVP... will there be an updated release soon? Anxiously waiting for the fix....
Probably in about a week.
Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem can't delete recordings from MVP.
I think I may have found out what is wrong. Apparently, the programs are deleted when that is selected. The problem is that in the Config application for GB-PVR, under the MISC tab, there is an option to

"Auto-create folders when recording (Based on Show Name)"

The recorded content of the folder is deleted, but the folder itself is not.

I'll have to try it out some more to confirm this. I've setup some shows to record tonight, so I will know tomorrow morning.
At this stage I certainly dont delete any folders, only files. Should GB-PVR delete folders? At this stage I dont record the fact GB-PVR created the folder, only that GB-PVR created the file.

What would the rule be - if you delete a recording and its the only file in said directory, also delete the directory?
I recorded a program last night after watching it I deleted it
from the recorder menu option on the MVP. It removed it from the MVP.I then had a look on the HDD on my PC but the file and the folder where still there.

I will have a look at the Misc tag as suggested as well.
Sub,

I like your proposed approach to " delete a recording and if its the only file in said directory, also delete the directory" However, maybe this could be another option in the MISC tab of the config. I think some users may just prefer to keep the existing directory, knowing they will be recording the same shows again, and that is where the file will get placed anyway. Otherwise, the app will have to recreate the directory again. Personally, I would prefer to use your approach if, and only if, the directory contains only that one program.