NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Zalman HD160
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
prob will buy one of these soon - anyone got one and had issues?

ie. cooling, noise, vfd etc. etc.

would welcome any comments from those with experience of this case before i splash out!

cheers
Im considering between the HD160 (pricey - £180?) or an Antec Fusion v2 (Only mATX but has VFD and remote sensor built in and is only £100?). Im leaning towards the Antec Fusion, partly because it looks neat, and has good features, i know the HD160 would be quieter and i could use a full size board... I'm not sure thats worth nearly twice the price?

Id be interested to know how you or anyone else gets on with either case before i buy one?
the zalman looks much nicer though - especially after you've added an optical drive - the antec cases just have the space which (imho) doesn't look good.

also, the side fan position is not good for my current tv stand thing.

suppose the extra £ doesn't really merit the above but i've already ordered!
I have the 160 (black version). It's pretty nice. It's very quiet. My only thing is it's kind of hard to put your optical drive in (but really you don't have to pull it out afterwards...so it's not a biggy. I ended up pulling the tray for that out by unscrewing the screws that are on the bottom of the case.
thanks for response.

i now have my hd160 setup and looks very nice. only problem i did find is aligning the optical drive front bezel and also extending the eject button (suppose this depends on which dvd drive you use).

any tips on using the built in infra red receiver within GBPVR? i haven't tried yet as only just finished moving from one case to another (and adding a very quiet noctua 9f cooler!).

very impressed with the case and think i made the right choice between this and the fusion (new or present version..)
I've just got the black one, so still setting up. Whisper quiet (alot quieter than the server I have - think I'll have to work on that now) apart from the DVD drive, anyone recommend a good quiet one?.
samsung writemaster - they make a utility which has fast or quiet mode - the quiet mode is great

(check out magicspeed.exe from samsung.com)
Have you got a model number. Also magicspeed seems to be something to do with Flat Panel Monitors - I could be wrong though!
Samsung Writemaster SH-S203B/BEBN SATA DVD Drive, Black

quietpc.com

although you can get it cheaper elsewhere..
Looking at the magicspeed information it says it only controls the speed of CD read/write, have you found it also works on DVDs
Pages: 1 2