NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New tool for people with QAM and ATSC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHS posted a link to a new Hauppauge Utility that seems to monitor the quality driver

http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=11196.0

This continuously monitors SNR, Received Errors and Uncorrectable Errors

My SNR on an HVR 1600 shows as 30.7 - 30.9

Martin
I get 26 - 26.3. This is for my 1600 which is connected to an antenna in my attic. The cables are spliced together across my basement floor and desperately need to be redone!
I found an interesting thing using this tool. During the lengthy time that GBPVR is first tuning a QAM signal, the tool says that it is in 8-VSB mode for a lengthy perido. As soon as the strength OSD appears I see the QAM 64 and then QAM 256 toggle quickly and the channel tune. With WinTV and with TSReader they don't enter the 8-VSB mode.

Martin
Yeah, this is expected. There is an optomisation I use to make the second and subsequent channel changes quicker, but it means the inital channel isnt set until the graph is running, which means tuner will appear to be in 8-VSB mode until the graph is started. It doesnt really mean any extra delay at up front, but it will appear to be in 8-VSB mode while directshow renders the graph.
sub Wrote:Yeah, this is expected. There is an optomisation I use to make the second and subsequent channel changes quicker, but it means the inital channel isnt set until the graph is running, which means tuner will appear to be in 8-VSB mode until the graph is started. It doesnt really mean any extra delay at up front, but it will appear to be in 8-VSB mode while directshow renders the graph.

This is one thing that I think is awesome about GB-PVR Sub. The QAM channel changes are immediate Smile