NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge 1600 bundle (with remote and IR stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've been using GB-PVR for a few months now and I really love it. I have cable and initally I was just seeing the analog (straight from the wall to my computer). But now theres a few things that I wanted to watch with digital cable (from wall to cable box to computer). I can get the video to come through fine but I cant figure out how to configure the remote so I can change the channel on the box. It changes the channel in PVRX2 but I get the same video.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Does your bundle come with an IR Blaster? ie, not just an IR Receiver.
ya

one to recieve and one to output. I've used it with a different pvr before but when the trial period expired I found gbpvr Smile
Assuming its the same blaster that comes with the PVR150 then you need to first configure it for use in the Hauppauge BlastCfg utility, then configure your capture source for the '.exe channel changer' and point it at c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\haupblast.exe.
dang sub you're quick

Works perfectly now!

Thanks, you're awesome sub!
sub Wrote:Does your bundle come with an IR Blaster? ie, not just an IR Receiver.

I am using gb-pvr with just the cable. I have had no luck getting QAM to work. I know my provider sends clear qam. I select hauppauge 1600 QAM in the BDA dropdown, but when I press OK, it says ASTC in the upper right, and won't find any stations. Can you help, sub?

Jack.
She was a suicide blonde, she dyed by her own hand.
Jack. Wrote:I am using gb-pvr with just the cable. I have had no luck getting QAM to work. I know my provider sends clear qam. I select hauppauge 1600 QAM in the BDA dropdown, but when I press OK, it says ASTC in the upper right, and won't find any stations. Can you help, sub?
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

Quote: it says ASTC in the upper right
Thats normal. "QAM" is actually ATSC modulated over QAM. OTA ATSC is also ATSC, but modulated over 8VSB.