NextPVR Forums

Full Version: question about HVR1600/1800
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I get one of these cards can you set it up as an ATSC tuner and then use the analoge input for say a VCR at the same time? In other words, I currently have to plug in extra cables and close down GBPVR and then open the native program that came with my tuner card to record VHS tapes to my hard drive, or from camcorder and such and would like to just do in all within GVPVR so there is no hassel.
I'm just ironing out the kinks of my 1600 (got it to scan qam channels last night, but haven't actually gotten working in gb-pvr)

but yes... the two tuners work independently like a true dual-tuner card. I was watching a qam signal through hauppauge's player at the same time I was getting an analogue signal in gbpvr.

I think the card is oodles of potential, but I'm exhausted from the work that went into getting it set up, and I still have to go through and manually figure out what all of those "unknown" qam channels are. that said, I would definitely recommend it.
What I'm wondering is though, how do I to view the analoge side of the card when I'm not using it for actual tv signals but rather as an input for the VCR?
GB-PVR isnt really the best tool for dubbing VCR tapes. I usually just recommend people use WinTV etc. You can do it though - you need to setup another capture source for the device, set it to use the HVR1600 svideo or composite input, set the EPG source to 'none', then manually add a channel called 'svideo' or something similiar. You should now be able switch to that channel while watching live tv.