NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Use of MVPOffsetY tag for Screen Calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing around with the MVP screen calibration settings in the config.xml. I was successful in adjusting the horizontal calibration parametes to fit my TV screen exactly (width and X-offset that is), but adjusting the MVPOffsetY tag value doesn't change anything. Height adjustments work, but not the Y-offset. I tried changing both MVPOffsetY tags that I found in the config.xml (what is the other MAC-specific one for anyway?).

Any help appreciated. My second day, and I am diving deeper into the internals of GB-PVR :) Very cool stuff!

-Jan

P.S.: "Preview Post" function before posting new messages to the forum doesn't work -- returns you back to the edit screen.
The height + offsetY cannot be greater than 480NTSC/576PAL, or the offset will be ignored.

I managed to preview this post ok. The text appears at the top.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ] (what is the other MAC-specific one for anyway?).
I would say it was a feature that is no longer used only because I have 2 MVP's and only one group of MAC settings in the config file. Also changing the values did not affect my either of the MVPs. Making the changes in the section you are using adjusted both of my MVP's pictures.
The MAC specific settings are used if you want different screen positions or offsets on each device.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]The height + offsetY cannot be greater than 480NTSC/576PAL, or the offset will be ignored.

Super! That did the trick. Kinda logical as well. And of course a quick search through the Wiki would have told me the same thing. Duh!

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]I managed to preview this post ok. The text appears at the top.

Right -- I now remember that it's actually not the first time that I was confused by this when dealing with IkonBoard. Let's see how long it will take me to once more be fooled by it... [Image: wink.gif]

Although I have also posted a sentence here about this issue I htink this thread is an equally valid one to add my current issue - I'll cut the extra and ask a 'simple' question here.

Can an MVP be configured (preferably by use of GBPVR) to letterbox 16:9 MPEGs?

Cheers
Bob