NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WebCams2 version 3.0 - for PVRX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have just uploaded a new version, download from the wiki page.

For the full list of changes see the wiki, but the big ones are:
  • Added Archive View (see all the images you have saved).
  • Improved config app.
  • Added the Info button to view WebCam’s description.
  • Much better handling of image downloads to reduce hangs etc.
Post comments below, support questions here.
Very nice work!
Very good layout, worked directly with my Basic2 skin.
I expected Left & Right arrow keys to step to the next image.
Those keys jumped 3 images forward.
Took a while before I found that Next & Prevoius keys stepped to next image.
MixMan Wrote:I expected Left & Right arrow keys to step to the next image. Those keys jumped 3 images forward.
Is this with a 34 button Hauppage r/c? Left and right should just move along the list.
No, I'm using another remote and have a remote control program that sends Ctrl-F and Ctrl-D on the Arrow keys. I just forgot about that.
I guess the plugin reacts on those commands.....and that works as next page or something.

:-) saw that the wiki page for the RSS-plugin was already up. Looking forward to it.
Mixman and ShiningDragon: thanks for your links, I've moved them to a sticky thread.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=30792
Just posted 3000+ WebCam links in the support sticky.
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=30792
Wow, thanks MixMan. Guess I have to change the thread title Smile

Do you have all those WebCams setup in the plugin at once? How does it perform?
Actually I don't remember. Do you remember that I asked you a year ago to use another XML format, the one that an Excel sheet can generate?
But you thought that the user should find the links themselfs.
I have these links in an Excel sheet and I guess that I at that point created a plugin compatible XML file, but never posted it. Perhaps it was to much work to create country specific files. I don't remember....it's to long ago.
I guess the links works, but some links have the & char and that might cause problems. I haven't tested them, but I can do that some evening when theres only boring shows on TV.
Perhaps exporting from Excel a file and importing to a DB3 format would be a way to go. In the Excel file I have the CountyCode and the CountryName plus the Camera link.
I have made a Country XML file that could be used as a reference for this kind of data. The idea is to have a sub directory in GPPVR with this XML file and flags, that plugins could use to present the Country and Flag for content.
http://startop.homeftp.net/mcs/country/_ViewCountry.asp

I also have something like 4000 radio links in an Excel sheet that could use the Country Excel file for selection.
Hi

Downloaded and installed (on to GBPVR v1.0.16) works well once i found the XML file has DEFAULT on the end, the question is this....

I have an update time of 3 seconds, it doenst seem to work, the page stays on the screen and doesnt update in 3 seconds, this is on the MVP.
SFX Group Wrote:I have an update time of 3 seconds, it doesn't seem to work, the page stays on the screen and doesn't update in 3 seconds, this is on the MVP.
How often does the source WebCam update?
Pages: 1 2