NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Slimm & x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to use Slimm with XP x86 for a long time and it was a great addition being quicker and easier to check up and coming recordings, etc. When I switched to XP x64 it would no longer work in the sense that it would fail to start and bring up a crash dialogue. On a fairly clean, few days old install of Vista Ultimate x64 the same again happens.

Is there a timeframe for a possible x64 compatible build? I don't know how that would sit with 32-bit GB-PVR but it may be worth a try. Maybe there are extra switches in the compiler to make it play nice. It's a shame to not have it working on x64 since many may be switching to x64 or thinking about it.

I volunteer to guinea pig myself for any test builds.
As I understood it, I've compiled Slimm GBPVR to work on any CPU. Can you zip up the logs folder in the gbpvr installation and send them to me please so I can see if it tells me why it is crashing. Thanks.
Does this version work?
Alas, I forgot to mention in my post that in neither XP nor Vista are any logs produced. It just crashes with no explanation and nothing to work from.

Unfortunately, the new version does not work either. Also, there are no logs produced by this version. Checking Event Viewer shows no sign of Slimm at all. No calls to .NET - not even the existence of a crash. Maybe you have a special debug version you can compile that will dump a trace?