NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ati 650/600 Qam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have an ATI 650 or 600 based tuner AND is running it under Vista?

According to this ATI Product http://ati.amd.com/products/tunermatrix.html
Clear QAM is supported, but only in Vista. Can anyone with this combination tune ClearQAM channels?
Trying to resurrect this thread.

I am able to tune the unencrypted QAM channels with the ati 650 pro if I use the included ATI Catalyst SW so I knoiw it works with QAM cable.

I set it up in GVPVR and under BDA devices, it recognizes the ATI 650 pro but the channel scan can not find anything.
Unfortunately the BDA specification does not describe how QAM should be implemented in the drivers so each manufacturer does it differently. I dont know how ATI does QAM in their drivers.
Sub,

We have talked about this before.
GBPVR works like a champ for QAM digital cable tuning for my local digital/High def stations when I use the HVR-16000 submodel 74021.

I would like to have a second tuner because a DVR,in my opinion, is not very useful unless it has at least 2 tuners.

I spent a lot of time trying but I can not get dual HVR-1600's to properly work for QAM tuning so I decided to try a different product as the second tuner.

For this testing phase, I took the HVR1600 out of the system and reinstalled the GBPVR SW (after Control Panel add/remove programs)

So, all I have is the ATI 650 and it's Catalyst SW to verify QAM digital tuning and the GBPVR SW configured with no errors until I try and do a channel scan.

If I check the box under BDA settings that says to only use devices detected on the system by GBPVR, it does show the ATI 650 PRO.

Can you please do me a favor?

I see an error in the named zip log file when I do a channel scan:

Failed to start BDA Graph
VERBOSE ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED

Any chance you could take a peek at this please?

Thanks,
Joe
Quote:Failed to start BDA Graph
VERBOSE ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
You could get this type of error if the device is in use by some other software. Other than that, I'm not really sure what would generate that specific error.

If you can get past that error though, its only scanning the device for OTA ATSC.
sub Wrote:You could get this type of error if the device is in use by some other software. Other than that, I'm not really sure what would generate that specific error.

If you can get past that error though, its only scanning the device for OTA ATSC.

Thanks for looking at the logs.

The ATI Catalyst SW shows some services running in Task manager.
I guess one of them is hanging on to the device.

I can take care of that.