NextPVR Forums

Full Version: V0193 is great but still some serious ffw issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, this is great software, but to be really usefull the skip bug should be fixed.  This is the only bug left keeping me from switching from my sage TV & mediaMVP (with hauppauge software) to GBPVR.

1) On some files the skip works, on some other files (same encoder PVR350 for all my files) it doesn't work at all (the GBPVR server craches).  I noticed that the file position is all wrong on these files when file starts to play.
2) It would be nice to have the hauppauge feature: 1 jump to 10% of the file, 2 jump to 20%, ...
3) skip function in live TV mode doesn't work, but that one is already in the release notes I think.  Hauppauge can do this but they do not recalculate the file length, so for growing files (watching Live), even they have a problem.

I can do some tests for you, if you like me to help you solve this.
I have a PAL 350 and MediaMVP revision E1.

Keep up the excellent work!
Alot of work went into the skip and FF/RW in this release, and for me these are now very reliable (I use MPEG2 exclusively).

I'm determined to correct any problem with this, but I need to be able to see the problem myself. If you have access to a web site and a short video clip (< 100mb) let me know and I'll download it and take a look.

Ok, I will try to make a few (small) files. If I cannot reproduce this with small files, maybe I'll snail mail one to you, because currently I have a few Xfiles (3GB) episodes where the problem occurs. Or can I send you some log files?

All my files are created with a PAL pvr350 (mpeg2).
Log files probably arn't going to help with tracking this down. I'd rather have actual files so I can reproduce the error myself, otherwise its kind of guess work.
Ok, anyway this is the trace I get, it happened after a couple of skips next-previous (+- 30)  in a large MPEG2 file 3 GB

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: De software op uw hostcomputer heeft een verbinding verbroken
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
  at bv.a(Boolean A_0)
  at bv.d(Image A_0)
  at as.a()
  at as.h()
  at bv.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

<snip>

Try zipping an emailing you logs ot support@devnz.com, but I think its unlikely to give my the information I need. Its worth a look.
Ok, I'll do that. I tried to reproduce it with small files but did not succeed, however I can reproduce the Audio-Video going out of sync in small files 60Meg after a few skip operations. I don't know if this bug is related. In the earlier versions hauppauge had the same problem in their software.
I'll look out for the logs.