NextPVR Forums

Full Version: RSS Reader X2 - Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Please post all questions here, so not to hijack the Community Announcements thread. Remember to include version numbers and any relevant logs in your posts.

As always suggestions and comments very welcome.
Thanks McBainUK for this plugin.

Very nice work indeed. Works very smooth.
I am very happy that you have useds subs element namings in the skin.
Make the "integration" so smooth. Just a few values to adjust for my next Basic skin release.
I will include translations for RSS Reader strings in next Excel sheet.

Thanks again.
MixMan Wrote:Thanks McBainUK for this plugin.Very nice work indeed. Works very smooth.
Thanks Smile The thanks should be shared with kaizen, as he spent alot of time trying to break it and offering suggestions on it's functionality.

MixMan Wrote:I am very happy that you have useds subs element namings in the skin. Make the "integration" so smooth. Just a few values to adjust for my next Basic skin release.
This has alot to do with sub's new plugin framework for PVRX2, makes things alot easier GUI wise which is good for developers and users.
Thanks Smile. After upgrading to GB-PVR 1.0.16 I really missed the RSS reader. The new version of the reader is really good. Everything works fine. Great job!
My RSS feeds are only showing 3 or 4 lines. Is this normal? Any tweak to get a fuller body of text?
Page up/down on the reader popup scrolls the text.

Are you sure the feeds are not just 3-4 lines at the source, have you tried viewing them in a different reader, Google Reader for example?
Scroll up and down does nothing on my hauppauge remote although it does things on the Tv listing and other plugins. Yes definitely the feeds got more to them on the web page as the text on the gbpvr plugin sometimes finishes mid sentence, and all of them just got the same two or thre lines. Is this rss utility supposed to pull out data coming from the just the hyperlinks or actually pulling the content when the links are clicked? I see some pictures on the plugin page with lots of text and that is why I see the effect on mine as unusual.
It gets the RSS feed only, it doesn't follow any links. Can you post the URL of the feeds you are using so I can check it out here?
Sam Wrote:http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_...ge/rss.xml
Looking at that feed in Firefox and Google Reader all I see are headline snippits :confused:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6