NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MediaMVP Pal or Ntsc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

If I buy a MediaMVP in the Usa can I use it here in Australia
can I change it from NTSC to Pal output, also what Digital Tv
card do you recommend. Will other Digital Tv Card work?
and what do you need to look for in a Digital Card.

Thanks
John [Image: smile.gif]
Hey Perfectv,

the MVP can output in both PAL and NTSC. It can be selected through a setup menu. Plus its a variable power supply.

Don't know anything about the Digital cards though,

Cheers,
Colin.
I bought my MVP from the states and it works fine, you just need to buy a travel plug to plug it in. As Colin said it has a power supply that can handle our 240V/50Hz supply.

If you want info on digital cards in Australia look at the DBA Forums or the DVB owners forum. To minimise mucking about I would advise a card that has software that captures and converts to a program stream (.mpg). I have an avertv and a dvico fusion card both of which will do this. I personally would recomment the dvico of these two but there are several other choices of card available.
Thanks, Colin and Paulp33

Will order one from US, I did find a price in australia but it was to expensive at around $299.00 AUD.

Why is Australia so expensive?

Thank again
John
Yeah, we typically get ripped off here in NZ as well. Although in this case, you seem to be ripped off more. Price here is NZ$225 + GST. Sorry, had to point this out. I'm not used to having a cheaper local price than anyone else...

Wow. They are only NZ$227 in NZ, or about AU$211.

I think they go for around US$99 in the US, or AU$137. However most of the US based mail order places murder you on international shipping charges.

http://www.krome.co.nz/products/product_haup_mvp.htm
I must admit, I got mine from the US. There was no NZ distributor at that stage.

Outpost.com dont have the cheapest US prices, but they have very very cheap international shipping rates.

http://www.outpost.com seems to be off the air at the moment... or is it just me?
I got mine from outpost as well. Landed it here for around AUD$170. That was when the exchange rate was at its kindest. Outpost also accepted credit card on international orders, most of the US places now seem to require money orders.
Digitalnow are clearing their MVPs for AUD $199 (including delivery).
Pages: 1 2