NextPVR Forums

Full Version: YPbPr output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I posted this already over at shspvr, but maybe some of you here are also interested in this...

This question has been raised before, but since I could not find an answer, I decided to give it a try: can the MediaMVP output YPbPr?

I connected three RCA connectors to a SCART connector and plugged them in the YPbPr inputs of my TV. I connected SCART pin 9 (green ground) and 11 (green) to Y, pin 5 (blue ground) and 7 (blue) to Pb and pin 13 (red ground) and 15 (red) to Pr. I enabled composite output (s-video's chrominance would interfere with pin 15) and... it worked! [Image: biggrin.gif]

So, the MediaMVP outputs YPbPr on the GBR (in this order) pins of its SCART connector when in composite video mode.

I did find that the resulting picture is a little too red. Alas, my TV doesn't allow me sufficient control to fix this. I'm thinking about putting two variable resistors in the Pb and Pr signal path to adjust this. If anyone has any hints on which values would be appropriate to give me a reasonable range to play with, please let me know.

I hope this information is of use to some of you.

Regards,

Jan