NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FF RW on MCE 2004 Remote not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently redid my gbpvr box and for some reason the ff and rw buttons register as being pushed and makes the video do the pausing action like its going to ff or rw but it doesn't actually move the time forward or back. the skip forward and back work just find and on the previous install the ff and rw worked fine
Any one have any ideas
Thanks
you can only use short skip with pvrx2
I just check and the ff and rw does not work with pvrx2 either. if understand what you said correctly then why did the short skip work before when I had 1.0.16 installed and used either gbpvr or pvrx2
I also have tried changing remote types
also in pvrx2 the ff and rw button pushes didn't even register
If you press Ctrl-F/Ctrl-D on the keyboard, does it do anything?
ff=fast forward and that does not work in pvrx2
but instead ff switched to short skip should work (10 second skip default)
just to make it clear we are on the same page

use short skip insteadof ff/rw

you may have already done this
ok so I'm getting some really strange behavior,
In gbpvr when playing a mpg the ff or rw will cause the play back to double in speed until I hit play, the skip buttons do as they should forward 60 sec back 30 sec
In pvrx2 when playing the same file the ff rw do not work as stustunz says but if I try the skip buttons I get the 10 sec skip

Now when I play back a hd dvr-ms file in gbpvr the ff rw buttons do the pause like thing mentioned before and the skip buttons do the 60 sec forward and 30 back
Playing the same hd file in pvrx2 the ff and rw buttons do nothing but the skip buttons do the 60 sec forward and 30 sec back
I guess the big question is why did the old setup which was 1.0.16 use the ff rw in the gbpvr for both mpg and dvr-ms files to go about 10 sec. I don't remember how the pvrx2 behaved.

also is there a specific reason why the ff rw buttons have been deactivated in pvrx2 and the skip buttons do there job now? IMHO it seems that the old way was more convenient to use and more intuitive
Quote:In pvrx2 when playing the same file the ff rw do not work as stustunz says but if I try the skip buttons I get the 10 sec skip
By default the skip buttons should jump 60 seconds forward, or 30 seconds back. These are the same as all previous releases.

Assuming you have the 'shot skip instead of FF/RW' option enabled, then it should also jump 10 seconds at a time when you press FF or RW. This is the same as all previous release with this option enabled. Having this option disabled does nothing - this should be the only differences from in the past.

To stop a little bit of confusion, in the next release PVRX2 always acts as if the 'shot skip instead of FF/RW' setting is enabled - so that I dont have to tell people to enable it.
I think I missed that option this time around, I did the original install almost a year ago and must have completely forgot about that option, I was also most likely in a hurry to things going again
I will check that when I get back tonight
Thanks sub
Yep setting that option fixed it, i feel so stupid, thanks for the help everyone