NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Rebooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with the MVP rebooting after playing a recording? When playing back a recorded TV program,and it has finished except for the adverts, I press the stop button on the MVP remote, the MVP goes to connecting to server. It connects ok after a few seconds.But then when I try and watch live TV,it won't start until I restart the recording services again. (Sub I have already set you the logs for this)

I am using GB-PVR Ver .227
I have a similar problem. If I watch something for an extended period of time, ie. no copmmands sent to the MVP, then go the the guide, the MVP will try yo connect to the server and never connect unitl I restart recording service. I may be wrong about the time thing, just seems that in my case if I watch something for over 1 1/2 hours, I'm guaranteed to have this problem when I stop, and return to the main menu.

I've sent my logs to Sub also, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
Hi Lucas_24,

Thanks for the reply. How is you MVP connected. Through a Hub or cross-over cable direct to Server?
going through a SMC switch. Also have a SMC router which does the DHCP on the network. I thought it may have been network related but I don't think it is since if I restart the recording service everything comes back fine. No need to restart the MVP. This does not exclude network problems but in my opinion hints at the problem being software related as opposed to network related.
I've noticed similar problems. I've also noticed that If I send too many remote comands too fast GB-PVR thinks that it lost communications with the MVP (from what I saw in the logs) and goes back to the menu.
I have seen the MVP losing the server occasionally and requiring the Recording Service to be restarted. Was playing a recorded tv program prior to the loss of the link. I connect via a Linksys hub.
[Image: sad.gif]
I'm having similar problems. I cannot use the FF or RW buttons on the remote without it returning to the Main Menu and then I have ot watch the recording from the start. Pressing some buttons will even crash the whole thing and then I have to restart the GB-PVR Media Service on the computer. Everything works fine using the Hauppage server. It's a great pity as the rest of the GB-PVR offers a much better interface. Can it be fixed?
I particularly like the zoom and scan feature on the Picture Plug In.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]Can it be fixed?
Yes.

Reproduce the problem, then email your logs to me support@devnz.com so I can tell exactly what is happening.
Logs sent [Image: smile.gif]
Sub,

What is your network setup. through a Switch or Direct connect?
Are you using your server as the DHCP server, or are you using
an ADSL router/switch as the DHCP server?
Pages: 1 2