NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Win TV PVR USB2 (and Win TV PVR2 USB2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am moving all my hardware around, as GBPVR v1.0.16 uses much less CPU the server is being moved to the internal Services server instead of its own dedicated box, to that end it will be no where near its recording source (satellite box) so will be removing the PVR 150 card.

So was looking at the USB idea as i can extend them very cheap (much cheaper than extending video signals AND it means the signal is digital at the source by the Hauppauge card which will be better in the long run).

My questions are below:
1. Whats the difference between WinTV-PVR-USB2 and WinTV-PVR2-USB2 (there both lost in GBPVR config file).

2. Whats the quality like on the USB2 unit PVR (however Hauppauge says its the same encoder inside as the PVR150, 500 so in theroy should be identical)?

3. Can i tweak the brightness and intensity in the registry (which i assume i can) like the PVR150 as i needed to get good blacks on the PVR150 i have?

Will GBPVR handle 2 or 3 USB2 units the same as PVR150 just that there USB instead of PCI card?
Quote:1. Whats the difference between WinTV-PVR-USB2 and WinTV-PVR2-USB2 (there both lost in GBPVR config file).
I think they just changed the driver names at some stage. Their may also have been some minor hardware changes, but nothing significant.

Quote:2. Whats the quality like on the USB2 unit PVR (however Hauppauge says its the same encoder inside as the PVR150, 500 so in theroy should be identical)?
Its pretty much PVR250 attached by USB2. The quality is the same.

Quote:3. Can i tweak the brightness and intensity in the registry (which i assume i can) like the PVR150 as i needed to get good blacks on the PVR150 i have?
I dont know.

Quote:Will GBPVR handle 2 or 3 USB2 units the same as PVR150 just that there USB instead of PCI card)?
I've never used more than one, but it should be ok.