NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How do I get gb-pvr onto my MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fantastic piece of software and working well with my pvr 250, but I can't for the life of me work out how to get it onto my MVP. Is there a dummies guide anywhere please?

Regards

Jules
- Start your MVP up as you normally would so that you see the Hauppauge menu on the TV
- Click the Start -> Programs -> Hauppuage MediaMVP -> Stop icon.
- Click the Start -> devnz -> GB-PVR -> GBPVR MediaMVP Server icon.

(there are a few other ways of doing it with the new release, but these steps should get you there)
Thanks for that, I couldn't see for looking! I take it I shouldn't reboot the MVP?

At the moment the MVP is just showing the 'contacting servers' page and not getting any further. I've got the little server window open on the computer - do I need to be looking at anything else to let it pick up GB-PVR please?

Later - just tried it the other way around, booting it using the hauppauge servers, leaving them running and starting gb-pvr server then shutting hauppage and I'm still stuck on 'contacting servers'

I'm not running any machine specific firewall as I'm behind a broadband router.... [Image: sad.gif]
Are you resetting the unit by pulling the plug ? if so that is what caused me problems I just press the power off button on the remote control after I have the standard MediaMVP interface loaded. Then I stop the MediaMVP server and start gb-pvr mediaMVP software and press the power button on the remote again. That way I haven't had one problem.
Thnaks, no I wasn't rebooting or turning off at all. I've just tried the power off, cancel the hauppauge servers, start the gb-pvr server and then power back on the mvp, but it's still trying to contact the server... [Image: mad.gif]
Hey beara,

does your MVP work with just the hauppauge software? Then when you stop the hauppauge services, startup GBPVR MVP service you end up with the "Contacting Servers" scenario?

Do you have a firewall running which maybe blocking GBPVR?

Cheers,
Colin.
Hi Colin, it all works fine on the hauppauge software - I even moved the hauppauge software from my server to the machine running gb-pvr so it was all on the same machine. None of my machines are currently running software firewalls as I'm behind a NAT router

JUles
Zip and email your log files to me at support@devnz.com and I'll take a look.
What version of the hauppage software are you using? I know it must be at least version 2 for the dongle.bin (Sub can correct here),

Cheers,
Colin.