NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MAME problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive got Gamezone up and running I can launch N64 games I have a rom list visible for MAME but whenever I try and start a game I briefly see the "Initializing" message from MAME then it stops and takes me back to PVRx2.

Any suggestions? I can post logs etc. but I'm new to GBPVR and I cant see any logs that look helpful.

MAME works 100% outside GBPVR, I'm using the commandline version of MAME not MAME32 is this correct?
first read the wiki page for Gamezone, if you still have a problem then please post the pvrx2 log file.

Thanks
you may need to place all the files in the gbpvr folder
There is no requirement to place the mame file in any specific location, although there was a limitation of one directory you could not place the Mame files in.To be honest, I haven't setup gamezone for quite a while so my memory of which version is to be used for Mame is fuzzy to say the least which is why I directed the guy to the wiki as that is the best place to look and doesnt suffer from memory issues :-),
It will tell you the version he should be using. If you are talking about the gamezone.dll then I assumed that since he had an emulator working then the DLL was in the correct place.

Thanks
Thanks for the replies. Problem sorted, it was just a controller config problem. I do have another problem though but its not emulator specific so I will start another thread.
Good to hear you solved your mame issue, did you manage to locate the launch statement in the log file as I find that really useful when troubleshooting.