NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Will this setup handle PVRX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm cobbling together a dedicated PVRX2 PC on the cheap. It will only be used to run PVRX2 on Windows XP Pro. Will the following hardware handle the job? If not, any suggestions?

Motherboard: MSI K9MM-V microatx motherboard, 800mhz FSB
CPU: Athlon 64 3500+ 2.20Ghz
Memory: 1gb PC3200 DDR400
Capture: PVR-150
Video: ATI 9600 AGP
Yes, that should be more than fine.
CPU will be fine. Memory is ok if you let the machine be dedicated to pvrx2 like you say. Capture card is fine. I have no idea about the graphics card.
Same basic setup as my old pc but you have a slighly faster cpu and I had a 9600 pro video card. It worked fine with the pvr 150 and did ok with digital when I got my hvr 1600. I upgraded to get smooth High Def live viewing. I could play recorded HD but live viewing would stutter enough to be annoying.
Thanks everyone for the input. With the dedicated PVR, the WAF will be high in the TV room & I'll be able to watch & work on my main machine in the basement.
I'm using a 2.6 Ghz P4 with 1GB of RAM and the PVR-150 here. No problems at all, though we watch most of our shows via MediaMVP's. I can still use the PC for web surfing and run applications with no problems while GBPVR is recording and streaming video to the MVP's at the same time. I think your setup will work great as a standalone system. Smile