NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EVR hardware acceleration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just tried the new evr but my hardware acceleration does not work with it comes up yuy2 underfinded renderer
purevideo (yes i know its probably outdated)
just wondering if other decoders are using their hardware accelartion with the new evr renderer
stustunz Wrote:just wondering if other decoders are using their hardware accelartion with the new evr renderer

How would someone tell?

Martin
you open up the pure video control panel while playing
it tells you what is been used thats another reason i like pure video you can actually see whats going on
i did wonder about other decoders im not sure other than the cpu usgae will be higher than normal
Sorry I thought it was a general question, I don't use purevideo. EVR looks great though, I can finally enjoy hockey.

Marti
yeah it was a general question i was just saying how i could tell
what i want to know is what decoder you are using with it
i want to try it out but would prefer to use hardware acceleration otherwise whats the point in having a good video card

can you tell me what your cpu usage is like compared to what you used to use ie fse
I'm watching a hockey game right now ATSC 1080i no problems and when full screen it's about total 40% but I'm running other things too. I don't run -fse because you have to set it via config.exe now and I when it is running I think you are only getting VMR9 anyway.

Martin
you havent told me what decoder you are using?

yeah evr replaces fse /vmr
I had to check since I haven't seen the noticeable differences with the decoder with EVR that I saw with VMR9. For that test I was running the Vista included MPEG Decoder.

Martin
im thinkinmg it might be the fact that i am using old video drivers (the new ones are crap for my system)
i think the new evr requires the latest video drivers to use the acceleration(did a quick search)
If you are having trouble with EVR and are staying with VMR9 you might want to see see if setting <VMR9LockBackBuffer> helps. sub's got all the Direct Show tricks in this release.

Martin
Pages: 1 2