NextPVR Forums

Full Version: A general MVP question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just got my MVP and am very pleased with it but when displaying MPEG1 (music) videos, there's a black band at the bottom of the screen. Does everyone else get this too? It looks as if maybe the picture is being pushed up by 2 inches (on a 28" WS TV) although it's fine for MPEG2 files and the normal GB-PVR screen.

It happens using the Hauppauge software, as well as under GB-PVR, so it's clearly something wrong at the MVP end but I thought I'd ask here anyway as you're all using it too.

Also, is there any way of adjusting GB-PVR to fill the screen? There's a small border around it at all times.
Are you watching an NTSC MPEG1 video (720x480) on a PAL MVP (72x576)? This could result in about two of black at the bottom of video - depending on the size of your TV.

Yes, you can adjust the size of the GB-PVR screens on the MVP. Look in the config.xml file.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (sub @ Aug. 28 2004,03:52)]Are you watching an NTSC MPEG1 video (720x480) on a PAL MVP (72x576)?
That could well be it. It got a bit late to go through a few of them to check formats, etc. but that could explain it. Do you know of a solution or is there a program that would convert them from NTSC to PAL? I hadn't even thought about it before as the PC plays both and my DVD player doesn't care either.

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]Yes, you can adjust the size of the GB-PVR screens on the MVP. Look in the config.xml file.
Great stuff, thanks.