NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hardware Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Afternoon all,

im looking at getting sky installed in my bedroom and and thinking of the best way to get the required results.

basically i would like a TV card that i can use with my standard cable input (digital) from the wall (for freeview - so i can record using GBPVR) AND another input (analouge?) from my sky box.

any ideas as to which hardware would do the job would be greatly appreciated.

or even if theres another way to do it Smile

thanks in advance.
dave_cawthorne Wrote:use with my standard cable input (digital) from the wall (for freeview - so i can record using GBPVR)

Is this Freeview from the aerial :confused: or are you talking about VirginMedia cable :confused:

If its from an aerial then ;

If you only want to record Freeview or Sky but not both at the same time you could use a Hauppauge HVR 1300

If you want to record both at once, then I recommend a PVR-150 for Sky and Nova-T for Freeview or a Nova T 500 to record 2 Freeview channels at the same time
Freeview from the aerial, sorry to cause confusion.

what i would like is basically set the freeview one up to record and then just use the other one from the sky box to watch..... it thats as clear as mud please lket me know.

so, do u suggest using 2 different cards?

how would this work in GBPVR?

sorry to be a pain!
It's exactly what I use. I started with a PVR150 for recording analogue or Sky and added the Nova-t-500 later for two freeview tuners.
It works by just having an EPG with all the channels and gbpvr just picks the tuner that has the channel(s) you want to watch and/or record. The PVR is handy as it comes with a remote control and blaster so that gbpvr can change Sky channels for you.