NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Question before buying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering what are the function of GBPVR available trought the Media MVP ? I am currently using GBPVR with my Xcard but the OSD look Awfull.

Thanks!
All or the original features are available through the MVP except for the multi video formats like AVI, Divx and Xvid since the codec are not available on the MVP. It only supports Mpeg 1 & 2 & 3 through hardware on the MVP. Here is what works for what I have installed. Live TV, TV Guide, Recorded menu, recorded shows with FF/RW, Pictures, Net Radio, Weather, Comics and others. Plus you can have multiple MVP if you have more TV's you want GBPVR control on.  [Image: smile.gif]

Is live tv delayed? I imagine it has to be encoded and then sent to the mediamvp. Also, can you pause live tv using the mediamvp? What kind of delay is there when you change channels? Thanks!

-Kirk
Its probably two or three seconds from live. Two or three seconds to change channels. Its a quicker in the next release.

Yes, you can pause live tv on the MVP.

Well I'm looking at building a system. Would you recommend buying the 500 (dual tuner) and getting the mediaMVP or just buying the 350 and using the video output on the 350? Also, how seamless is the integration of the dual tuners? Do I have to manually tell it which tuner to record to? Thanks!

-Kirk
Sorry, I hate making recommendations - so I wont.

Dual tuners is very seamless. You never pick which tuner to use. GB-PVR works it out its self.

Well I won't ask for a recommendation [Image: smile.gif] I'll be more specific. Will the system run smoother (in terms of GUI, channel changing and playing video) on the MediaMVP or the 350 using the Video out.

-Kirk
There have been problems with 350 lockups with certian hardware, I dont think it has all been worked out yet. The response time for menu changes and channel changes will be slower due to MVP's low hardware specs.
The 500 with an MVP will allow you to locate the computer away from the TV for fan noise and you could always add another MVP at a later date for a second TV for the GBPVR experience.

What are the lag times on the menus? If I am flipping through the tv guide - is it real time or does it take a second or two from the time I hit the arrow button on the remote until the time the display changes?

-Kirk
It depends on the speed of you network and your server PC. On my machine its around about half a second. Its never going to be as fast as locally on your PC. Everytime you press a key on the MVP, the following occurs:

- notification of the keystroke is sent across the network to the server
- the server generates the new screen based on the key pressed
- the image is converted from RGB to YUV (pixel at a time)
- the image is compressed
- the compress YUV image is then sent back across the network
- the mvp displays the image

Pages: 1 2