NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Audio but no Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I finally got an MVP from eBay and I'm having problems getting it to stream video properly from GBPVR.

It loads the application and appears to boot but I don't get any image on the screen once it loads. I can "feel" my way to Recordings and play a recording but then I don't get any video, only audio. There are some errors in the MVP-PVRX2.exe.log (attached).

Code:
2007-11-13 22:08:10.795    INFO    [6]    playFile(America's Next Top Model, E:\Recordings\Americas Next Top Model\Americas Next Top Model_20071031_20002100.mpg)
2007-11-13 22:08:11.326    INFO    [6]    Loading commercial skip point file: E:\Recordings\Americas Next Top Model\Americas Next Top Model_20071031_20002100.txt
2007-11-13 22:08:11.342    ERROR    [6]    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2007-11-13 22:08:11.358    ERROR    [6]       at GBPVRX2.MVP.x3ca133dee7547455.xe75b6be209ce111f(Image x84901bd355736ef6)
   at GBPVRX2.MVP.x3ca133dee7547455.xf11d09f6e9e3e55b()
   at GBPVRX2.xdd215986d9a64c86.ForceRepaint()
   at GBPVRX2.xc8bec4ab98c5a6c5.handlePopupCallback(Object popup, String command)
   at GBPVRX2.Popups.xce4851a7361cb73d.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at GBPVRX2.BaseButtonListUiTask.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at GBPVRX2.xc8bec4ab98c5a6c5.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at GBPVRX2.MenuTask.xd2a3a83a17aec615.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at GBPVRX2.MVP.x3ca133dee7547455.x3d75adb3418c5c9e()

Can anybody please help?
Set the logging level to 'debug' then reproduce the problema nd repost the logs and I'll take a look.
Thanks for the quick response.

Here are the DEBUG logs.

Joel
Given that this unit is from ebay it might be trying to output PAL into NTSC.

Martin
I cant see anything obvious in the logs. Could be set to PAL.

Have you tried it with the Hauppauge MVP software to check the hardware is OK?
I don't think its set to PAL. When it boots I see the start up screen, I can select the GBPVR server from the Preferred Server screen and when I use the MVPMC dongle.bin I can navigate the menus (but emulation mode doesn't work, or works the same way as using the dongle included with GBPVR). I've tried a few different Hauppauge dongles with no success.

I actually haven't tried it with the Hauppauge software yet. I just downloaded the latest version after I posted my log file. I'll give it a try to test out the hardware itself.

Thanks again guys.
If that doesn't work could you start up mvpmc and via telnet issue the follow commands
and copy the screen output

killall mvpmc
mvpmc --emulate ? --startup emulate

I should be able to see some of the screen negotiation info this way.

Martin
So some new information:

Installed latest software from http://www.hauppauge.com. Restarted MVP. Streaming video works fine.

Stopped those services, restarted the GBPVR MVP server with the included dongle. Restarted MVP. Still no menus. Blindly selected a video. While audio is playing press guide button on remote (okay I started randomly pressing buttons in frustration). Mini-guide displays. Video plays in background. Press exit/back, video continues to play. Press stop, still no menu!

Possibly a dongle problem? Which is the current favorite dongle to use with MVP Rev D3A?
I attached the results of

So the order of things for this log:

Start MVP.
putty to MVPMC
killall mvpmc

Once started in emulation mode, the screen displays:
Please Wait
Connecting to first server
Starting Application

Then I blindly navigate to a video (I'm getting pretty good at this) it actually plays fine.
I let the video play a couple minutes and when I exit it returns to the above message.
From mvpmc everything looks good, however I went back to your GBPVR logs and I now notice no YU/VY2 updates are going through. You might have a firewall issue or a conflict with a VNC server happening. Sub can probably take over here.

Martin
Pages: 1 2