NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP drops out playing live TV. Server issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

As the subject says, my MVP drops out when playing live TV. It plays recordings fine, avi files transcode nicely with FFmpeg (though I still have to set up FFDshow to sort out the colour balance)
I'm including the logs for reference, but when I enable <transcodeall> in config.xml it's clear that the transcode mpeg isn't growing fast enough. With it disabled there doesn't seem to be a reason why it drops out, in the log.
Because I get the same result with either option - the video shows for about a second then drops to main menu - it seems the recording service just isn't dumping the live tv feed fast enough. But I'm just guessing.

Anybody seen this problem at all? This is the first time I've tried to get the MVP to play live TV. I got the 150 last week and have been trying to get it to control my STB to no avail, seems the 150's IR database doesn't have a code group for the stb at all. (Multichoice DStv DSD910 in South Africa)
I got the TV playing back in PVRX2 100% but in the MVP it plays for a second (the MVP pre-buffer) then it stops.

The set up:
P4 2.6 w/768MB RAM
500GB HDD
PVR-150 (non-MCE) using composite input, version 4 drivers from hauppauge.co.uk site
MVP 86001 ver.D3A, dongle.1.1.57.bin, connected to PC through a hub with ADSL router doing DHCP.
It does this on any dongle.

Any and all help will be appreciated!
Trying to use 'transcode all video' will definitely not work with live tv.

Quote:2007-11-16 07:24:22.437 VERBOSE [7] MVP playback requested: C:\Temp\ASP World Championship Tour_1_20071116_07000800.mpg (longname)
Does c:\temp exist? Does a file get created in that directory? (remember to set the transcode setting back to false)
Ok, I'll disable it again. But it still doesn't work for the second log, where it is disabled. I had made the mistake of not creating Temp at first, so MVP kept resetting. After I created it, the streaming file does get created, it gets to around 6MB then live tv drops out.
I noticed in your logs you had dongle.mvpmc-0.3.3.bin This old version of mvpmc is not recommended at all for emulation mode and it will have many problems especially with live tv. If you want to try mpvmc, I consider the future 0.3.4 the best at

http://www.mvpmc.org/builds/dongle.bin.mvpmc-latest

or alternatively the previous dongle in

http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/donglex2a.zip

Martin
Yeah, I actually had the MVP running on dongle.1.1.57.bin, while mvpmc was selected in config. The MVP hadn't been reset at all during my testing, so it was actually running the proper dongle. I had a look at that mvpmc dongle and it's total crap, it doesn't connect to PVRX2 at all, just has some options for accessing other programs.

But anyhow, something is seriously wrong with my set-up at the moment. Unfortunately I won't be able to play around much this weekend but I'm gonna start from scratch with everything soon and will let you guys know how it turns out.
monkey.eat(banana) Wrote:Yeah, I actually had the MVP running on dongle.1.1.57.bin, while mvpmc was selected in config. The MVP hadn't been reset at all during my testing, so it was actually running the proper dongle. I had a look at that mvpmc dongle and it's total crap, it doesn't connect to PVRX2 at all, just has some options for accessing other programs.

But anyhow, something is seriously wrong with my set-up at the moment. Unfortunately I won't be able to play around much this weekend but I'm gonna start from scratch with everything soon and will let you guys know how it turns out.

Odd you consider mvpmc "total crap" when you were running the wrong version and you couldn't even connect to test it anyway.

Martin