NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Kworld PlusTV HD Stick 330 Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any chance GB-PVR could support the ATSC tuner on the KWorld PlusTV HD Stick 330 (model number VS-ATSC330U). This has one coax input that can tune NTSC or ATSC. I'd like to use the ATSC in GBPVR. I tried setting it up as a KWorld ATSC 110 and Kworld PlusTV HD PCI, but that did not work. I've attached the log file from the FilterCHeck utility. Any suggestions or am I out of luck?
Have you confirmed this device is functioning in any other application you have installed?

It looks like you've only got a partial driver install (one of two filters is missing).
If it is definitely working, then you could try adding the following in bda.ini:

[Kworld PlusTV HD Stick 330]
TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_TUNER=BDA 2883 TVTuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=BDA 2883 Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
Hi Sub, The default application it came with is called TotalMedia 3 and I have been able to watch and record scanned channles, including the HD ones.

I made the above change to bda.ini
I was able to select the device type under recording source
I have not made any other changes in the settings
PVRX2 does not show live tv

Note:
- I installed .Net 2.0 after installing GBPVR
- Under device type, if I select show 'show only show devices detected in this machine', there is an additional device 'Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick'
- in bda.ini this device has
[Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick]
TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
FILTER_TUNER=BDA 2883 TVTuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=BDA 2883 Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
- I had selected this before too, but couldn't watch tv still

Am i missing something? appreciate your help.
Try using the [Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick] option, then zip and attach the logs.
Hi Sub,
Here you go. I have also included the filtercheck.log file
I can see any attempt to scan for channels in that log. Did you hit the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button to do the scan?
I did. But I dont see any channels in the list.
Not in those logs you didnt. Try again, then post the logs immediately after the scan completes on the 'map digital channels to epg channels' screen.
I keep getting an error message when I try the mapping.
Pages: 1 2