NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to change TV Guide appearance on MVP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I am using the latest version GBPVR and several MVP 1000 units. The TV Guide has always been too small to view on a TV or projector screen for our family. So in older versions of GB, I just edited the Skin\Blue\TV Guide\skin.xml file - increasing the size of fonts, increasing grid size, reducing number rows in grid etc. I just made same changes to newest version, but cannot get the changes to affect the Guide I see on my MVPs. My changes DO work on GB running on my PC though. Is there a different .xml config file for TV Guide on the MVP?

After making changes to skin.xml I also ran Config, and clicked on OK - which restarts the Recording service, loads fresh MVP servers etc. But Guide still does not change on MVPs. Even powered off MVP...

Many TIA,
-Mike

I would love to see a setting added to System menu that would allow one to pick from several sizes of the TV Guide. I see that we can pick the number of time slots that display horizontally in the guide. So another setting for "Number Channels/Rows displayed in Guide?" would be cool. It could then alter the font sizes accordingly...
I cant think of any reason your skin changes wouldnt affecting what you see on the MVP.

Do you have the MVP skin setting set to 'Default' in the config app?
Yes, the MVP skin setting was at Default. I just changed it to Blue, but it still displays the guide using the settings from somewhere else. So now on Config, Blue skin is selected on both the General and MVP tabs...
Your post made me wonder: why does Config's General tab have only a Blue skin to choose from, yet the MVP tab has both Blue and Default?

On another note - what is Dongle.bin on the MVP tab?

Wishlist: add the standard help gadget (? button in upper right of window) to the Config screens. That alone would probably save a lot of posts in these forums. Not a complaint, just a suggestion Smile
I know your signature says 'XP SP2', but you havnt upgraded to Vista? If so, there is a good reason for this.
The "Default" option just tells it to use what ever the skin is selected on the first tab. Its not a skin itself.
Ahhh, so selecting Blue skin on the MVP tab should not have made any difference, since Blue was already selected on the General tab - gotcha...

And you are correct, I am still running GB on XP SP2...
Quote:Ahhh, so selecting Blue skin on the MVP tab should not have made any difference, since Blue was already selected on the General tab - gotcha...
Correct.

Its not going to pull the skin settings out of nowhere, and there are no defaults in the application if the skin files arent found, so assuming you're seeing a TV Guide then it must be using your settings.

I'd make a really obvious change like setting it to only show four rows. To make sure there is no old MVP servers hanging around - reboot. They remove the power from the MVP's.
Are you editing "Skin\Blue\TV Guide\skin.xml file" or "Skin2\Blue\TV Guide\skin.xml file"?
From memory unless you have changed it the mvp servers default to the new pvrx2.exe & the skins for them are in the "skin2" directory.
Yeah - good point? You are running PVRX2.exe not the old GBPVR.exe? The default MVP server is PVRX2.exe.
Pages: 1 2 3