NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Newbie Questions - DishNetwork, Multiple TVs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All:

I'm a newbie to GBPVR and have a few quesitons.

I currently own a MediaMVP and for the same reasons as everyone else am looking to use GBPVR to get better features and interface. I have it connected to a wireless accesspoint and this setup seems to work fine.

I currently have DishNetwork with DishPVR, but would like to get rid of the DishPVR and go back to the Dish 501 (or maybe they's 301s) receivers (I still have 2 of them).

So here are my questions:

I'd like to use GBPVR with each of my 3 TVs and DishNetwork. I'm assuming that I would have to get an additional Dish box for the 3rd TV, correct?

Also, I'm thinking of getting the Hauppage WinTV card for video capture, DVR, etc - is this a recommended solution?

It seems logical that I'd need to get 2 more MediaMVPs and access points for the other TVs - is there another, simpler way of doing this?

Thanks!!

RadioActive1
I have a dishdvr and it works fine.Recording is fine in config set up setop box for external device and with hauppauge 150 card and rca or s-video video quailty is great.With UHF remote woks great,but the guide you have to setup manually. Hope this helps.
Dial up Con.