NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IR Blaster setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I hate to ask a question that probably has an easy answer somewhere that I could've found myself, but... I've tried to figure it out for about 20 hours and I finally give up Sad Can someone please help me, or at least say "hey moron - the answer is right here: (link)"

I've got my GBPVR set up and running well (thanks for providing such a GREAT program). But I'm getting my signal from the STB and have been trying to set up my IR Blaster to control the STB, but am getting nothing

I am using the ADS Tech PTV-305/MCE-3000, which came with an MCE remote closely resembling the MCE 2005 v2a remote discussed in the GBPVR wiki:

[Image: MCE2a.gif]

My STB is a Motorola CT2224, and I have read from other forums where exactly the IR receiver is on the STB.

I have the remote's IR receiver plugged into a USB port and it works fine to control the GBPVR program on my computer. However, nothing I do seems to make it at all inclined to send a signal to control the STB, and according to the remote wiki:

Quote:"Main buttons directly supported by GB-PVR. Can use HIP, EventGhost or Girder if further customisation is required."

So I assume this means that buttons like the channel changer should automatically function through GBPVR to send a signal through the blaster to control the STB. First off, am I correct in this assumption?

Second question: I am not entirely sure where to plug in the "bug", or the IR Blaster cable. There are two options: one of two 1/8" jacks on the back of the IR receiver labeled "IR1" and "IR2", or a 1/8" jack on the back of the tuner card (see below)

view of the back of the PTV-305 card
[Image: PVT-305w_ports.jpg]

My assumption has been that I should plug the bug into IR1, but the bug doesn't light up at all when plugged in there. When I try plugging it into the jack on the card, it lights up red, but doesn't flicker or anything when I push buttons on the remote. There is no documentation with the card, and ADS tech support is COMPLETELY worthless :mad:

So basically, my questions are:
- which jack to plug the IR Blaster bug into?
- what software setup, if any, do I need to do to make the blaster control my STB?

I am absolutely lost and would really appreciate any help. Thanks!!
You have to use HIP to control your STB with this type of IR Blaster.. You can find some setup info here: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/...e.HIP#toc6. Basically you have to set some stuff up in HIP, then change you GB-PVR capture sources to use the '.exe channel changer' and point it at HipSend.exe.

The IR Blasters plugin on the back of the MCE IR Receiver. (there is usually two sockets labelled '1' and '2')
HIP is great, you may be able to use EventGhost also which isn't quite as intimidating upon first startup. Don't give up dude! If you have problems configuring hip or event ghost, just ask because people on here are very helpful. Good luck!
Hey thanks to all of y'all for your help - I really appreciate it! Been too busy the last week or so to mess with it but I think I've got enough info now to get it all working right.

GBPVR creators & mods - you guys freakin rock