NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nova-hd-s2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have a nova-t card for freeview but my signal is a bit dodgy so I'm looking to get a nova-s and use my existing dish.
Noticed that the new nova card supports HD. Does anyone have any experience of recording HD via GBPVR? What do I need extra to playback HD? Any comments would be appreciated.
GBPVR rocks!
I'm in the same situation as you with a Nova S+. If you are in the UK, the BBC HD trial seems to need the Cyberlink H264 codec- the cheapest option appears to be to purchase PowerDVD max, which I have done. Without this codec, you get sound only. I'm running a Radeon 2400pro for the hardware HD support.

My PowerDVD is on order- I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives.

Daniel
PowerDVD max works with the BBC HD trial (£29.99 on play.com)- I'm not sure that hardware acceleration on my 2400pro is working properly, because I am getting quite choppy framerates. However, even though I have a CRT TV, the image quality is amazing. Need to tweak a bit, though. I also tried LuxTV HD, but that comes accross all distorted.

I haven't tried a recording yet.

Daniel
thanks for the info. So have you used the card with GBPVR? Its on the support list so should be okay. I have powerdvd max already.
2 b honest the HD is just a bonus at the moment. More than happy with pictue quality off freeview just poor reception.
Yeah- I have the Nova S+ working really nicely with GBPVR (just a pity that the inputs don't work)- pic quality is much better than freeview, like you say. However, I still need to use a freeview stick for the C4s, 5s and Dave etc. But you do get some extra gems via free to air satellite.

I've raised a post in the hardware section because to honest, my head is fried by HD (as in what is accelerated, when and how!!). At the moment, I seem to be getting choppy HD with tearing and no hardware accel (judging by the way the system fans are taking off).

Like you say thought- HD is a bonus for now, though I want it to be sorted by the time the alleged HD freesat channels are ready.

Daniel