NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ps1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm busy setting up a new system and scanning through for useful plugins and stuff.

Is there a PS1 emulator, either as a plugin or a seperate program?

I know its so out of date that your parents won't even play it but I have lots of games Big Grin

cheers

Keith
GameZone plugin... works great on 1.1.5.

PS1, Atari, Nes, even Turbo Graphix.

PS2 emulation in general is not up to par, but if you find a good emulator, you could probably even get that to work on GameZone. (it will run almost any .exe)

One word to not... you'r not gonna do anything on MVP. (yes, some people have asked.) there's no port on the MVP for a gamepad.
mkenyon2 Wrote:GameZone plugin... works great on 1.1.5.

PS1, Atari, Nes, even Turbo Graphix.

Do I only need gameZone plug in or do I have to get a PS1 emulator?

Which is a good emulator?

cheers

Keith
There is built in support for ePSXe see wiki for details or if you find a different emulator try setting it up as a PC App again see wiki for more details.

Good luck
Actually, GameZone does come with PSX, which is a PS1 emulator. There are some configuration issues, but read through the Wiki section carefully and you should be golden.
My son recently revisited gamezone as my grandson is into playing tony hawks on the PSX, I seem to remember they found a bug which I had to rectify so if you have an issue dont pull your hair out instead give me a shout...

Cheers
Thanks for the info
Currently I'm stuck on getting my system together - The case I order is out of stock Sad

I'm keen to use PSX.

Does it support the PC type game pads? So that the games play just like the PS1.

We don't play the PS1 much so I'm hoping to get it working as the PSX emulator and bin the PS1 as it is a messy pile of wires in the corner of the room collecting dust!

Cheers
Keith
I have two of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6826127207

Not quite as smooth as the original Playstation controller. I'm considering trying a PS to USB adapter somebody mentioned. But the difference is so barely noticable, go with the Logitech. It works great in games besides PS1.