NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IR Blasting to 2 Satellite Receivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hardware: P4 3.4ghz / 2mb RAM / 500gig drive / 2 Hauppauge 150 cards with built-in IR Blaster / 2 Dish Network 301 Receivers

Software: Windows-XP Pro sp2 / GBPVR v1.1.5

I Can record shows using both cards. When using haupblast.exe, it correctly changes the channel on one of the Satellite receivers.

The problem is changing the channel on the 2nd receiver. It's like haupblast.exe needs a new parameter for {card#}. Right now it's just
haupblast.exe {channel}

Suggestions? Also, is there a way to get the source code for haupblast.exe?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:Also, is there a way to get the source code for haupblast.exe?
haupblast.exe is only about a dozen lines of code, but there is something in there that is covered by an NDA so I cant let you look at those few lines. Unfortunately the code wouldnt really help you anyway - the interface I use to tell the Hauppauge software to change channels only takes the channel number. HaupBlast.exe just calls a function inside a Hauppauge DLL which does all the work.
that makes sense. And the Hauppauge win-tv doc indicates that it only supports 1 tuner card.

So how can I control 2 external receivers?
Quote:So how can I control 2 external receivers?
Add a different type of blaster to your setup. USB-UIRT, WinLIRC, MCE.
Depending on your satellite receiver you might be able to do a serial cable too. This is how I change channels on my DirecTV D10. It's rock solid and stable. I've used it like this for over a year and a half. I think there's a page in the wiki about it.
Doesn´t HIP/HIPsend allow you to control 2 STB´s?
Yep. Hip and WinLirc can control multiple STBs.
sub Wrote:Add a different type of blaster to your setup. USB-UIRT, WinLIRC, MCE.

I just picked up a "New in Box" (at least it looked that way Wink ) MCE USB Remote, receiver and 2 ir emitters (blasters) off eBay for $26. Someone else on this forum said to get the Microsoft one 'cause the second blaster doesn't work on some of the other brands - I didn't question it, I just followed his advice Smile.

I'm controlling a dish 322 TV1 and a DirectTv SB200 using HIP and HIPSend. HipSend has an extra parameter at the end of the command line that specifies which blaster to use.

Winlirc has a "name" in the config file, where you would list codes for each remote, then pass the name in the command line - this sends the code down both blasters simutaneously. IIRC, WinLirc only works for serial blasting.
I'm using an MCE remote blaster for my two sky boxes and it works perfectly (95% of the time!)
Simply teach it one to ten and enter and your sorted