NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP: No IP Address; No streaming server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I've been successfully using both GBPVR and MediaMVP for quite some time. All of a sudden I cannot get the MVP to work. First it flashes a message that MediaMVP cannot find an IP address. Then it gives the standard: "No streaming server found!" message.

I've tried it with Windows Firewall turned off (and turned on with PVR2.exe as an exception).

Again: MVP was working just fine, then stopped and I cannot figure out why.

I'm not too technical savvy but would greatly appreciate any advice. Fyi: I just upgraded to the most recent GBPVR version to see if that would fix it, but no luck.

Thanks!
My guess is a recent Windows Auto update or some other Virus/Firewall s/w update put back your firewall.

Perhaps try opening the port manually (go into Windows Firewall from Control Panel), choose the exceptions Tab, select the add program button, find PVRX2.exe and OK your way back out.

Hopefully, if that is the problem, it should fix your dilemma.

k.
Thanks for the suggestion. I took PVR2.exe OFF the exception list, then added it back on. MediaMVP still not finding an IP address, still no streaming server found.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'd go back to basics, check the wiring and restart the router. Then unplug the mvp to restart it and upload your gbpvr logs.

Martin
Shouldn't the recordingservice be on the exception list aswell?
If it can't find an IP address then it can go no further. This isn't normally from the PC but the MVP getting an IP from your router. I'd start there first.
martint123 Wrote:If it can't find an IP address then it can go no further. This isn't normally from the PC but the MVP getting an IP from your router. I'd start there first.

That makes sense.
HtV Wrote:Shouldn't the recordingservice be on the exception list aswell?

This doesn't have any impact on the mvp load, in fact when I start in mvpmode from the command line the recording service doesn't even need to be running.

Martin
Thanks for all the thoughts/advice. How would I go about getting the router to send the IP address to the MVP? NOTE: The router is currently working for my desktop computer AND is working as a wireless router for my laptop. It simply isn't working for the MVP (although it was for a long, long time).

I just tried a 2nd ethernet cord and had no better luck with that.

Again, thanks for any suggestions.
I recently has these same issues, and it happened as I was trying to intro the Wife to the system:confused:

I had to reset my router and then also restart the recording sdervice on the PC in order to get them talking again.

Don't know why, never happened before and has been ok for more than a week since.

BTW, don't know if it matters, but all my 2 MVP's are wired.

Good Luck.
Pages: 1 2