NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing with GBPVR and the MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I'd have some fun with GBPVR and some of my toys which I thought I'd share it, I guess I have too much time on my hands at the moment.

While I was testing connecting my new PCH media extender to my HVR 1600 on the analog svideo input to see what it looked like as livetv in GBPVR and on the MVP I decided to get fancy. I began by recording a digital 1080i ATSC broadcast via GBPVR's EPG on the MVP, and then switched to livetv where I navigated with the PCH remote on its interface (the remote lag is fun) to the GBPVR recording folder which is set up as a share.

I selected the HD recording that was in progress and sure enough it output as good quality hardware down-converted SD video on the MVP and because it was now just an analog mpeg-2 file I had complete GBPVR live tv control of the video. No audio though since I have never bothered figuring out how to do it. Now I can say it is possible to get live 1080i HD output on the MVP with a WAF of zero of course.

What seems amazing to me on the part of GPBVR was that it had two tuners on the go, it was creating both the recording and the mvp livetv temp files and it was streaming all of this to mvp using under 11% CPU and with no hiccups.

Martin
lol - yep, you have too much time on your hands Big Grin

Have the PCH guys given any details on running user code yet?
I didn't mention that I was juggling batteries between remotes too or people would have just thought I was crazy.

No real progress except yesterday Syabas said "But rest assure, we will make this happen." I think this is justified because they really do need to focus on their own software.

Martin
Syabas said that the expect to have the User App capability sometime in January