NextPVR Forums

Full Version: QAM tv show jumpy, commercials are not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the hauppauge hvr-1600, and with QAM I am receiving 5 HD stations, they work really well except for one.

The NBC station is really jumpy during a tv show, but once it cuts to commercials the "jumpyness" stops and they are fine, until the show comes back on. And like I said earlier, the other HD channels do not have this problem, and they all have the same signal strength of 75% or higher.

Any suggestions? I am running windows xp sp2, 2.3ghz cpu, 128mb vid card, 512mb memory ( <- could this be the problem?)

Thanks for the help
I've had this problem particularly with certain channel s- I have found using a different splitter/demux than the mpeg splitter solves it. I use the nanocosmos or the hauppage splitter and it works fine although the timeline for comskip might get off by a few seconds.

CV
Actually in this particular situation I have not been using GB-pvr, I was using WinTV. I'll see what I can do with GB-pvr

Thanks

edit: gbpvr only finds one of the station, it worked fine either way