NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Change STB channel via GBPVR hip and hipsend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This probably isn't the correct forum to post this issue but I thought that maybe someone that frequents this forum would have an answer or point me in the proper direction to find an answer. I can't be the only one in the world having this problem....can I :confused:

I posted the following issue on the DVB Owners Forum and received a response from BTMI which I feel is the authority on the HIP/HIPSEND componet of my configuration, stating that he felt that my problem could possibly be a Windows issue. Windows MCE works fine when coming out of either hibernation or S3 standby but GBPVR does not.

KUDOS to all the folks that have had any input and/or the creation of this excellent alternative to MS MCE and it's protected DVR-MS :mad: files that can't be copied to DVD.

This is the message posted to DVB Owners forum:

I’ve been all over the world it seems like to find an answer to a problem I’m having with the HIP application. I’ve seen where several other folks have had a similar issue with HIP also but I was unable to locate the solution and maybe there isn’t any.

Here’s the setup….I have the latest GBPVR, HIP, HIPSEND and a version 2 MCE remote, receiver/beanbag (black) and 2 emitters/blaster on WINXP MCE system. The problem is that when my system wakes from hibernation or S3 Standby HIP will not change channels on my STB. The emitters flash but nothing happens on the STB.

I’ve been able to get everything working great on several occasions. Everything works fine when system reboots and when waking up from S1standby, just not hibernation and S3 Standby. The only way I can get HIP back in control after hibernation is:

1. Exit HIP.
2. Activate Media Center > MY TV > Live TV
3. Exit Media Center.
4. Go to Administrative Services > Services > Stop Media Receiver Service.
5. Re-activate HIP
6. Activate GBPVR and all is well. Channel change works perfectly.

If I allow the system to go into hibernation, I have to do the above steps all over again. If I use the MCE Infrared remote control vs. eHome USB driver, I can’t get it to work at all. I really don’t care if the hand held MCE remote works or not, I just need GBPVR to be able to change channels on the STB via hipsend and HIP. To narrow the problem down further, the above scenario is true if sending ir blasts directly from HIP’s add/edit ir test screen.

I got hooked on the GBPVR, HIP and Hipsend combination because I don’t like that MCE records in DVRMS format. That in itself is not bad but to do anything with the recordings, they have to be converted to MPEG. This can be done with several free programs out there EXCEPT….when the recording is from a premium movie channel like Starz, then it’s protected, after all I am paying to receive Starz. I just haven’t been able to find anything the will convert a protected Dvrms file to mpeg yet.

I do like everything about the functionality of the GBPVR, HIP and Hipsend combination. Keep up the great work. I hope there’s a solution out there somewhere.

Thank You advance

ADDENDUM:

Did some more testing and configuring and I've found that if I narrow the componets down to utilizing just GBPVR, leaving out HIP and HIPSEND the same results are experienced.

I changed the GBPVR config channel changer to "MCE2005 IR BLASTER" plugin programmed the IR signals with my STB remote and I get the same results as above. I still have to

1. Activate Media Center > MY TV > Live TV
2. Exit Media Center.
3. Go to Administrative Services > Services > Stop Media Receiver Service.
4. Activate GBPVR and all is well. Channel change works perfectly.

It didn't make a difference if I use the "eHome Infrared Receiver" or the "MCE Infrared remote control" driver.

Anyone out there have any suggestions that may help the cause?

Thanks