NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recompress?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can this tool build the DVD without recompressing the MPEG2 video captured with GBPVR?
86atc250r Wrote:Can this tool build the DVD without recompressing the MPEG2 video captured with GBPVR?

It doesn't currently, but I'm not sure if the input and output rates are the same if it doesn't just do a copy. pBs might know - Hopefully he will chime in. At any rate it is on my todo list to check to see if I should run ffmpeg and if not to bypass it.
at least mine doesn't and this one IIRC...
the ffmpeg step is to insert some timing codes specific for dvds and doesn't touch the video or audio at all..the codes are in the mux part..

now if you re-compress, it's going to take much,much longer...
about 1/1, video length/compress time needed...
[ffmpeg runs at about 30fps when compressing, 250+fps when just addding dvd nav packets..]
pBS Wrote:at least mine doesn't and this one IIRC...
the ffmpeg step is to insert some timing codes specific for dvds and doesn't touch the video or audio at all..the codes are in the mux part..

now if you re-compress, it's going to take much,much longer...
about 1/1, video length/compress time needed...
[ffmpeg runs at about 30fps when compressing, 250+fps when just addding dvd nav packets..]

That makes sense since it runs so fast. Thanks for clarifying.
Will it reencode a divx file to mpeg before burning?